Nerd Games Discussion Thread

This thread is a place for us to have discussions regarding the Nerd Games. If you have any questions, concerns, feedback, advice, or just want to say hello, post here!

2 Likes

Happy New Year everyone!

I’m hoping to not drop off the surface of Lettuce Earth this year… it’s one of my aspirations for 2021 (and hopefully my crafting Mojo will return at some point).

Looking forward to all inspirations from you!! :fireworks:

5 Likes

Happy New Year to my fellow crafty Nerds! I, too, am hoping to get more crafts created in 2021.I definitely needed the mental break during this holiday week, so most of my crafting motivation went right out the window. But, I think I’ll be carving out more time for it this year, in spite of the craziness/stress that work is bringing, even if it’s only a few rows of crochet here and there.

Looking forward to seeing what the new year brings!

5 Likes

I am going to try to be more creative. I got a couple new tools and kit’s for Christmas, so I hope to add to my crafting arsenal. You all inspire and motivated me so much. Can’t wait for another year!

5 Likes

Prompts are up!

5 Likes

Happy Nerdy New Year! Let the fun 2021 Nerd Games begin!!

5 Likes

I’m not the only one who lost track of the previous year it seems, but things are a bit better now so I hope I can be more creative now :smiley:

3 Likes

If it makes you feel better, I can’t even keep track of days. I thought yesterday was Friday. I thought New Year’s Day was on Saturday. My NYE was a lie :rofl:

4 Likes

I thought today was Sunday.

2 Likes

I plan on joining in again this year. I fell off for Fall. Just too much going on. I crafted a lot but didn’t post most of it.

4 Likes

Yay! Welcome back @geekgirl!!!

2 Likes

In case anyone is interested. They are taking swap suggestions again. :grinning:

2 Likes

Should we be the Geek Games?! :nerd_face:

5 Likes

I thought that we used the term Geek Games once on the old site and then switched over to Nerd. I’m not 100% sure, and I can’t find anything to support it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well I think my username shows my preference :wink:

3 Likes

Maybe our summer round can be the Geek Games or Geek Battle since we usually do something bigger for it? What does everyone think?

2 Likes

Eh, I reject the entire hierarchy; to me, all three are distinct (though not necessarily mutually exclusive) categories, not subsets of each other.

I primarily identify as a nerd, so a Geek Battle doesn’t inherently jump out at me – but I’d probably join it anyway :laughing:.

4 Likes

I’m not sure I agree with the definitions in this hierarchy, but I feel like I sometimes fit all three of them :smiley:

3 Likes

Oh geez. I forgot to create the team roster before opening the games. Sorry about that! I’m going to put it at the bottom of the game rules, aka the very first comment of the winter thread. :woman_facepalming:t3:

3 Likes

Team Roster and Checklist

Like I mentioned, the checklist and roster are now found at the very bottom of the first comment of the Winter Games. Below the rules. I feel like such a dodo head. :crazy_face:

3 Likes