Nerd Games Discussion Thread

Well, I did terribly this season, but I have posted the new prompts for January!

3 Likes

I did terrible last season too. But we can shake that off and start anew!

2 Likes

I just filled out the trivia Q. That was fun!

3 Likes

@Smeddley and @gozer, I did terrible this year, but by some miracle, I did great this last season. I barely posted anything in the first 3 seasons (I keep a running list), so I feel your pain. :slight_smile:

But, I’m super excited for this year! I just put together my Winter Games list, pulling ideas from my checklist (a running list of projects I want to do). I’m hoping to actually complete the prompts in the month that they’re posted. I have the rest of today, and most of tomorrow (I really should plan my lessons for the week), so I’m hoping that I can tackle a couple of items.

3 Likes

I mentally filled it out on the shuttle ride home from the airport. Now I need to remember to actually fill it out :smile:

3 Likes

TRACKING UPDATE!

This season we had 10 active players! A total of 164 projects were posted.

Here is where each team stands:

Team Players Projects Points Average
Don’t Stop Beleafing 5 115 4840 968
So Corn-fused 4 18 530 132
Gourd of the Rings 1 16 520 520

Congratulations to team Don’t Stop Beleafing on your win!

And the monthly battle results are in!

October # Crafted Results
Creepy Cute 10 WINNER!
Downright Scary 0
November # Crafted Results
Crossword Puzzles 5 WINNER!
Sudoku 3
December # Crafted Results
Fruitcake 3 WINNER!
Figgy Pudding 2

You can find your individual tracking sheet and the team roster here.

Thank you so much @Smeddley for giving us fun monthly prompts to craft, and thank you to @LovelyMiss for the amazing advent prompts and pin prizes!

The newest season has started, so be sure to jump in on the fun! There are a few fun items of interest you should be sure to check into as well.

2 Likes

Got my Community pin today!

Thanks, @LovelyMiss!

4 Likes

Thats so cute!

3 Likes

Just letting some of our swappers know that we have a new badge for those that host swaps. We will be giving it out quarterly. To be in the running, just start a swap!

Star Organizer -
You’re a star in our eyes for keeping the swap boards going!
Swaps are amazing and only happen because wonderful people organize them. These people come up with new, exciting, and fresh ideas and take the time to keep them rolling. This little thank you will go out to one person each quarter who knocked it out of the park and was our STAR ORGANIZER! We thank you!

and probably more appropriate here…

Lettuce Craft has six distinct categories for crafting and some of our most adventurous crafters have journeyed onto each of these boards. They are our Crafty Chameleons!
If you have posted 3 or more projects to each of the crafting categories (Art, Home & Garden, Fashion & wearables, Fiber & Textiles, Food & Drink, and Paper & Vinyl Crafts) then claim your badge!
Send a message to @moderators along with the links to your projects to have this badge activated!

2 Likes

Such fun new badges!

I went through my posts and I need 2 more for the Art category to be eligible. Guess I’ll have to work on that!

2 Likes

What has everyone been up to? I’ve been working on a project, but it’s another blanket that will be a research project eventually. It’s just taking me a bit to finish it :blush:

5 Likes

I’ve been working on what would be a big time project but with the number of mistakes and lengthy corrections I’ve made, it will probably be a research project by the time I’m done. Also working on a baby quilt that I hope (:crossed_fingers:) will be finished today.

4 Likes

I got side tracked with welcoming a new cat into the family. She has CH so it was a bit of a learning curve. She is also younger than the cats I normally get, so having an almost 1 year old has been an experience. Ha! Tonight I am hunkering down and working on my IYP project. I just keep reading!

3 Likes

I’ve been sick with a nasty cold the last week and it’s showing no signs of easing up yet. :frowning: My win was I managed to cook today, lol.

I have a big (as in time-intesive, not size) copic picture I’ve sketched and am ready to color. I started it once but made an un-salvagable oopsie, so restarted it. Hoping to feel good enough to get it done this weekend!

Hope you’re all hanging in there!

3 Likes

I am officially on February break! I have a craft day in Sunday, and I’m working on reconstructing a sweatshirt (2 into 1). I have a couple of school-related projects to tackle, too. Later in the week, I’ll target a couple of very long overdue WIPs. And, maybe work on a Research Project (pantry organizing, or my 2018 temperature scarf).

5 Likes

Ack! I reorganized my pantry before Christmas and didn’t even think of it being a research project! :woman_facepalming:

2 Likes

A (very long) question about project timing/grouping:

I’m gunning for the Grab Bag pin this season, and I only have the Big Time left. I made some ATCs for one swap that are probably relatively close to the time for a BT; if I add the ATC I’m working on for a different swap and recipient, that should put it over the line.

Is combining projects that way an acceptable approach to a Big Time? They are similar items, and I’d put them in one project post. But they weren’t conceived as a single project.

2 Likes

I say yes! I think that fits in since they’re all the same type of craft.

2 Likes

Totally! Do it! Get those pins!!! :grin:

2 Likes

There will be a special pin event for Spring, so we won’t be voting on pins for the next round. Voting will return for Summer!

There are some fun pin and anniversary celebrations events coming up this year, and I hope everyone will get to participate and earn some pins and other prizes! :smiley:

2 Likes