Nerd Games Discussion Thread

Last year we started a new thread and said we’d make a new one every year, but it gets so few comments we discussed also not continuing using/creating a new thread. I can edit the title of this one and make a new graphic to keep it generic like we used to on Cster.

Our reasoning for creating a new thread every year was so that new people wouldn’t feel overwhelmed as time went on and not want to jump into the conversation. I remember finding it intimidating when I joined Cster years ago.

1 Like

Ok. I updated the title of the thread to take out the year and closed info. And I updated the graphic and description to take 2021 out of that, too.

This will be the generic thread for the Nerd Games. If it ever starts to get too long and people want a new thread started, we can do that.

Craft on, Nerds! :nerd_face:

6 Likes

Thanks. The closed threw me!

2 Likes

Maybe you can put a link on the first post to show where 2022 starts for any new people?
I think one of the things I miss is that we used to talk so much in the thread. Looking over this thread, it is obvious we don’t do that as much here. So, I will start. I saw that @LovelyMiss said she had a goal of working with Copics more this year. Me too! I have really gotten out of the habit of drawing and I can tell. It’s not as easy as it once was. The flow is skipping. I have three major crafting goals this year. 1) Draw a picture of Princess Leia that I am happy with. 2) Make a quilt. 3) Make myself a new purse. It’s about time. Mine is getting worn out.
What goals do you guys have?

5 Likes

I bought myself some tube watercolor for Christmas and can’t share yet, but have made a few things already and love how they are turning out.

1 Like

Oh! That reminds me. 4) I also want to do some watercolor too. I bought a set for myself over the holidays.

1 Like

I don’t really have specific crafting goals this year. I do want to make a junk journal – the accordion-style kind seems attainable.

3 Likes

My goal for this year is that I want to start checking off some of my WIPs, and some of the BIBHUIY (Bought It But Haven’t Used It Yet) projects.
-Bundled with this goal is to organize those projects into a filing system (I have a roll-a-dex just waiting for this).
–Wrapped into this goal is really getting my craft room set up and organized.
—Tucked into that goal is gathering all of the craft supplies from all over the house and putting them in the craft room where they belong.
----And, finally, buried within that goal is the need to purge some supplies- things I won’t use, or things that are just no longer any good (dried up markers, ink pads, etc.).

5 Likes

Its like a crafting Tur-duck-en

3 Likes

LOL! It totally is! :laughing:

2 Likes

Question. For the prize from @LovelyMiss, it says you have to post 20 projects + a research or some big times ( can’t remember, was it 3?). That means we have to do ALL the prompts and then some? We will only have 18 prompts per season. Is this right?

2 Likes

There are 3 battles, 15 regular, 6 free range, 3 big time, 5 zaps, and 2 research projects

4 Likes

Oh, I didn’t even think about Zaps counting. That makes it more manageable.

4 Likes

Yep, and the Research Project and/or 3 Big Time Projects are part of the 20 count, NOT in addition to!

6 Likes

This is excellent motivation for me to check a few zaps off of my to-do list!

3 Likes

I have a couple of prompts that I am waiting to arrive at their destinations. I am working, my house can attest to that. Whew, when I draw my house gets messy. Ha!

3 Likes

I need to craft more, and I REALLY want to participate in this craftalong more this year, and i also really want to start posting my crafts in LC in general.
I do love watching the creations here :smiley:

7 Likes

Rules question: Am I correct in thinking that to get the Community bonus points, I have to create a dedicated project post? For example, I’ve been posting journal pages in the art journaling craftalong thread – I can’t get bonus points for linking to those, right?

2 Likes

My understanding is no. Its has traditionally been its own post. Correct me if I’m wrong!

1 Like

I believe that as long as it’s posted somewhere in the LC community, it counts! It doesn’t have to have a dedicated post. I had the same question awhile back, and I’m 99% sure that’s what @storerboughtcreation said. That’s what I’ve been doing, at least!

3 Likes