CLOSED - Nerd Games - Summer 2023

Ooh! I love these cats. :heart_eyes_cat:

1 Like

Anniversary Post/Retrospective for Bunny1kenobi -in no particular order. I had a hard time picking just 10.

11 Likes

Prompt: July - Battle - Original
Team: Sherlock Holmes
Project Name: No cat questions ATC
Project Link:
Brief Description: ATCs are little original works of art. :slight_smile:
Project Photo(s):
23acsjualcoas-sm

11 Likes

This is funny!

2 Likes

Prompt: June- Cubism
Team: Sherlock
Project Name: Boho? Steampunk? Earrings
Project Link: Boho or steampunk?
Brief Description: Those posts are REALLY solid- I had to really wrestle with those loops to get them opened and closed. Also, they each have many pieces.
Project Photo(s):

10 Likes

Prompt: July - Battle - Original
Team: Nancy Drew
Project Name: hamburger mouth monster
Project Link: Bedtime Defender Monsters
Brief Description: I was making a monster, and Grumpy Frog requested I make it for her to scare away the monsters under her bed. I obliged. I learned how to do needle felting and made the face as she requested. I find it terrifying. She loves it. Five year olds are strange creatures. :rofl:

This is my own design.

Project Photo(s):

13 Likes

@storerboughtcreation - Once you said hamburger mouth, i couldnt unsee it! Lol! This is incredible and fun and something they will remember for a lifetime. Where’s the community post? You should share!

6 Likes

How fun is this??? I love that you are such a fantastic aunt to those girls!

How is that little one 5 years old already? :exploding_head:

3 Likes

I’m making more monsters. I figured I would make a community post later and update with the link.

4 Likes

Prompt: Battle July Original
Team: Miss Marple
Project Name: Red Rocket Salad
Brief Description: We needed a new potluck salad and I created this on a whim & it turned out so great. Filled with Farro, beets, cherries, cranberries, feta, arugula/rocket, jalapeno, toasted pepitas, & a maple lime dressing. My (adult) boys have deemed it “red rocket” salad which is accurate if not unfortunate.

9 Likes

I laughed way too hard at this!!! :joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

6 Likes

Eeep, I’m so late to this season, but it looks so fun! I only have time to post a quick battle right now but I’ll try to post a lot more next week!

Prompt: July Battle - Reproduction
Team: Team Columbo
Project Name: Smoliv ATC for ME!
Project Link:
Brief Description: I’ve recently been having fun carving stamps! I made a stamp of one of the newest generation of Pokémon, Smoliv, to make an ATC for a swap at work, but since I still had the stamp, I ALSO made a card for me! It’s not an exact reproduction of the card I gave away, but similar in style. This one is my reproduction!
Project Photo(s):

11 Likes

@roler, your stamp turned out great and I love that you are making your own cards!

Your post reminded me that I needed to post mine!

Prompt: Pop-Art - July
Project Name: Bee Hang On
Project Link: Lazy Girl Design Hang On
Brief Description: This Hang On has geometric designs in the honeycombs!
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Impressionism - July
Project Name: Mushroom Hang On
Brief Description: This Hang On has a fake wood texture fabric.
Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Realism - July
Project Name: Paw Print Hang On
Brief Description: This Hang On is useful in everyday life.
Project Photo(s):

11 Likes

Prompt: July - Surrealism
Project Name: creepy kind of surreal cat
Project Link:
Brief Description: I decided to try needle felting something flat. I feel like this is a little creepy and not quite realism.
Project Photo(s):

11 Likes

@storerboughtcreation as a cat lover and Team member i love it!

1 Like

This is my first time participating in the Nerd Games, it sounds like fun!

Prompt: July - Impressionism
Project Name: Purrmaid
Project Link: Purrmaid Pillow
Brief Description: This pillow is made with a soft minky-like fabric.
Project Photo(s):

12 Likes

Welcome! your purr-maid is adorable! We’re so happy to have you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Welcome to the Games! I love how its natural arm (paw?) position makes it look like it’s posing for the photo.

3 Likes

Yay, Team Columbo!

Prompt: July Battle - Original
Project Name: Rhubarb syrup
Project Link:
Brief Description: I had too much rhubarb to use, so I froze some, made another pie, and made some into a simple syrup that will be fun to mix with seltzer for a little rhubarb soda treat. I just simmered the rhubarb in water, put it through a fine mesh strainer, and kept it heated while the added sugar dissolved. It’s very sweet, but you can taste the rhubarb. Cool!

Project Photo(s):

Prompt: July - Pop art
Project Name: Stay strong drawing
Project Link:
Brief Description: I wanted to include a little art in one of the cards I sent out for my letter writing group recently. It was for someone who loves weightlifting and recently had surgery. I found a reference image online and then free-handed it with micron pens and added the lettering. It was about the size of two ATCs.

Project Photo(s):

Prompt: July - Impressionism
Project Name: Rainbow diamond painting
Project Link:
Brief Description: I wanted something easy to do to wind down in bed that still felt creative. I got this kid’s diamond painting set (of 2) that was easy and fun (and still somehow took 2 hours each). It’s got pastel-y tones.

Project Photo(s):

Prompt: July - Realism
Project Name: Smoothie preps
Project Link:
Brief Description: I had a bunch of produce that needed a purpose, so I pre-made some smoothie bags for easy meals/treats. Very useful! (As a side note, I pitted that entire container of cherries by hand and looked like an axe murderer by the end. :joy: )

Project Photo(s):

Prompt: July - Surrealism
Project Name: Unicorn diamond painting
Project Link:
Brief Description: The other from my kit. Unicorns are from a fantasy world.

Project Photo(s):

Prompt: July - Cubism
Project Name: Raku pottery
Project Link:
Brief Description: I took a raku pottery workshop with my mom and grandma. It was so awesome! I’m definitely into it and want to do more. They were very solid pieces in the end, literally and metaphorically (as in they turned out well)!

Project Photo(s):

Prompt: Free Range
Project Name: Strawberry rhubarb crumble pie
Project Link:
Brief Description: Here’s the pie I made with the rhubarb, too. Yes, another. When a recipe works and is delicious, why not?! Lol.

Project Photo(s):

10 Likes

Welcome @AudiobookLover! I’m so glad you decided to jump into the fun! Your pillow is adorable! Purrfect!

1 Like