Nerdy baby quilt

My bossโ€™ wife is going to have their first baby shortly. He has been a fantastic boss and so I wanted to make a gift for the baby. They are both nerds, so I got as many nerdy, sciency, (she is a vet) animal prints as I could and made this. Using all the good fabric.

It was a pretty speedy finish, and all straight line quilting.

32 Likes

So cute. I love that double sort of edging/binding, great choice of grey next to stripes of black and white.
& the peak-a-boo model too of course. Hi Mol! :face_in_clouds:

3 Likes

This is really lovely! And your craft room looks so cozy as well.

It is my favourite place in the world!

3 Likes

What a fun quilt! And itโ€™s great for playing ISpy as the kiddo grows. I see this being loved to shreds. What is great about this quilt is that it makes a great travel, picnic, play, go everywhere and then is easily washed. I love the mix of fabrics, breaking them up as you did is perfect.

4 Likes

The strip down the front and back make this simple quilt much more complex looking! Love all the nerdy fabrics!

What a gorgeous quilt!

I love everything about the design of this quilt. The fade from light to dark, the prints themselves, the double binding look, the division into 3 sections and how you flipped the face in that one strip, the peeking model, the way the back is done, just everything. Iโ€™m glad you have a great boss and I bet he and his wife are going to LURVE this gift!

2 Likes

I love these fabrics!! Such a fun quilt for a wee one.

1 Like

Love that color transition! Beautifully done.

2 Likes

I love it - I looked at each print and smiled, a perfect combination for the child of two science/animal folks!

1 Like

Such a cool quilt, perfect for a nerdy little family.

1 Like

Oh wow! I am jealous of that baby! Lol! Itโ€™s gorgeous! And did you design the quilt? Either way itโ€™s amazing. I just really enjoy the composition. I would never think of putting those colors together.

1 Like

I take no credit for the colour transition. My daughter (the model) has spent hours playing Hue on her phone, she finished it and is superb at ordering colours to give a perfect transition. She arranged them, I just sewed them!

The baby is going to be a boy, so that dictated the colours used

5 Likes

what a lovely present

1 Like

I love it! So sweet and nerdy!

BTW, Ada has now begun reaching for all quilts she sees, and trying to pull them towards her. Including the star quilt you made, which I stupidly hung above her changing table. Now diaper changes involve stopping her little grabby hands from pulling it off the wall! :joy:

4 Likes

Sheโ€™s clearly a future quilter :grin:

2 Likes

I love the arrangement on the front and how you placed the amazing fabrics. Baby and parents are going to LOVE this gift.

Adorable fabrics and a really stylish design - what a fabulous gift!

Did you do that with jelly rolls? Itโ€™s super cute!