Neverland Tote and Pouch

I made this tote and pouch set for @geekgirl in the Common Ground Swap. The fabric is all from the Neverland collection by Riley Blake - it was so cute I bought the whole collection in FQs plus some yardage. I’m never going to bust my fabric stash at this rate. :joy:

I used this tutorial for the tote bag, but I added in some pockets on the inside. A large zipper pocket that is fully lined, and two slip pockets (one large and one sized for a smart phone). My new sewing machine has some cute decorative stitches, and I used a star stitch to reinforce the pockets. I also used a heavy interfacing on the main fabric to give the tote some more stability and durability. I like a bag that stands up.

The three zipper-pouch was something my partner had pinned, so I used more fabric from the collection to make it a set. What a great tutorial! The construction was novel, but it made for a nice finish. I substituted the heavy interfacing for batting, though.

A few in-process shots:

21 Likes

Those are gorgeous! I love the fabrics you chose, and the style is super-practical.

1 Like

Great fabrics and wonderfully made pieces! Thanks for sharing the tutorials you used and your thoughts on them! I might have to try that three zip pouch…:thinking:

1 Like

Loving that fabric! Beautiful construction as well!

1 Like

Fantastic! Lucky partner!

1 Like

These are lovely!

I have some of that fabric in my stash too, so your post is inspiring me to finish up my current sewing project so I can play with the neverland prints.

1 Like

Thanks, everyone!

Beautifully done!

1 Like

Fantastic job on the tote and pouch! It looks really well made…and excellent choice on the fabrics :slight_smile:

1 Like

Very nice bag.

1 Like

Love the style and fabric. Great job!

1 Like

Gorgeous set, and holy adorable fabric, Batman!

1 Like