New hat for Needle Felted Mouse

I had posted this mouse on the Reddit forum. I wasn’t happy with the hat I had originally created for him so I made him a new hat.
The hat and coat are removable. The coat buttons up. The silk for the vest is left over from a dress I made in 1972.
Created eyelids for this mouse which seems to make him look a bit more serious than I would like. Partially I think that is the result of the size of the beads I used for the eyes. I’ve purchased some larger round beads so I will be able to test that theory some time in the future.

19 Likes

Eek! I love him and his hat! Very dapper little mousie! :heart::mouse:

1 Like

Wow, he’s fantastic! I love the expression on his face :mouse:

1 Like

Oh my gosh - he is amazing! I wasn’t on reddit, so thank you for posting here too!

1 Like

My, he DOES look serious, but it’s a good look for him. Like a Mouse not to be trifled with. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Here are some other views of him and you can see the first hat as well. Too snowy to be taking photos of him outside now! :wink:

6 Likes

Goodness! I love him, and his perfect little outfit.

1 Like

This little guy is truly magical. His eyes, brows, and little hands. Don’t get me started on his waistcoat!

@witchery Mini!!

2 Likes

HE IS BEAUTIFUL! are we allowed to capslock this deserves a capslock

And I am deeply jealous of his fabulous purple ensemble. Purple, of course, being the best colour.

2 Likes

simple amazing, all of the details are gorgeous!

1 Like

Thank you very much!! >^…^<
Purple is the best color!!

2 Likes

Love the hat and the mouse!

1 Like

He is AMAZING and so very very stylish! :slight_smile:

1 Like

He looks so dapper, I love how you bring out his personality!

1 Like

Too cute! I know he’s a mouse but for some reason he really reminds me of Ratty from Wind in the Willows.

2 Likes

Thanks so much!! >^…^<
I’ll probably do another mouse before too long (bought some black beads which I hope will be better eyes). Right now I’m experimenting with needle/wet felting pendants. :wink:

1 Like

@Trillian YAS!!

Her work reminds me of The Rats of NIHM, but TWITW is also true!!

1 Like

Amazing!!

I just introduced my 9 year old granddaughter to needle felting last night. I need to show her this for inspiration.

1 Like

Excellent!! I hope you will show off her projects!! :smile_cat:

1 Like

Amazing. I do like the first hat too though, cute and jaunty.

1 Like