New York City vest

A friend grew up in Manhattan, and misses it. She’s got a 12 foot tall statue of liberty :statue_of_liberty: in her yard.
So when I found a small piece of this NYC fabric in my stash, I offered to make her a couch pillow.
She asked for a vest!

I had to cut carefully to feature the best bits; lady liberty, empire state building, Chrysler building, Brooklyn bridge.

I used fusible interfacing on the inside front to give some body to the quilt-weight cotton.

The back and lining are an ombre fabric that shades from the color of lady liberty to peacock blue. I used the liberty bits for the outside back and inside front, and pieced the inside back. Just barely enough fabric!

All from stash except the pattern.

25 Likes

What a fun stash-busting project!

1 Like

What a find in your stash! I am sure she will wear that with pride. You did a great job on a custom gift.

1 Like

What a thoughtful project!

1 Like

What a wonderful gift for your friend! Custom made, so very special, but also a great stash-buster if everything came from stash except for the pattern. Your stash must be so amazing, you keep coming up with all these treasures from your stash.

2 Likes

Ooo, I bet she’s thrilled!

1 Like

Thanks, y’all!
She gets it for her birthday in mid April. It is driving my husband crazy, he wants her to have it NOW!

1 Like

Awesome job! & I love your hubby’s enthusiasm :smile:

1 Like

This is fabulous - what a thoughtful gift!!

1 Like

Wonderful homage to a great city! I bet your friend loved it!

1 Like

Very fun fabric! The colors of the ombré are perfect.

1 Like

:sparkles: :heart_eyes: :scissors: Congratulations! Your awesome NYC vest is a Featured Project this week! :scissors: :heart_eyes: :sparkles:

2 Likes

Woohoo, thank you!

That fabric is awesome, and you turned it into a fabulous gift!

1 Like