Newest quilt

I haven’t been on here for awhile now as last May my back went out and in June my neck went wonky so it hasn’t been a fun summer. After my back issues were addressed (not fully but at least I can function and sleep again) my son helped me finish my new sewing room and get me moved into it. I might post pictures of the room later on.

This is my first project in my new sewing room - my winter quilt for my Tudor inspired bedroom. Diamonds Diamonds and More Diamonds by Willow Brook Quilts. My first diamond quilt. It was fun to do even though it took me a little bit to figure out the best way to get the points lined up. The pattern is for a throw size so had to figure out the additional border on my own (sound of patting on shoulder). Wool batting so it’ll be snuggly warm for our Wisconsin winters.

19 Likes

Completely spectacular, wow! Glad to hear you’re feeling better too.

1 Like

Oooh, very pretty! You say winter, but the colors also remind me of autumn. Gorgeous!

1 Like

Thank you. I heartedly recommend people not throw their backs out. Lol

3 Likes

Thank you very much. I loved the colors of this batik fat quarter set - it was almost yelling for me to make this quilt with it. I’ve had it for awhile and wish I could get the set again but I can’t remember where I got it or the name of the manufacturer. Sadness

3 Likes

This quilt is absolutely gorgeous! Wow! And I love it when we make stuff for ourselves once in a while…. Glad you are on the mend!

2 Likes

Beautiful!

1 Like

What a beauty! This quilt screams whispers “snuggle up in the long winter nights.”

2 Likes

It’s a very striking pattern, and your fabric choices are gorgeous!

3 Likes

Beautiful.
And the Tudors did love their diamonds!

2 Likes

it’s beautiful!

1 Like

Sure looks nice and cozy for winter. Beautiful pattern and colors…can’t go wrong with batiks.

Glad you are feeling better!

1 Like

That extra border is the crowning touch. I love when the back has a little something too. So fancy and beautifully done!
Hope you stay well enough to make many, many more!

2 Likes

Oh, I like that description! I think I’ll call it “Diamond Whisper”. Thank you

1 Like

Thank you. :slight_smile:

This is stunning!! Wow!!

1 Like