Niffler Ornament

I’m just now getting around to posting some things I made around the holidays. I wanted to share this Niffler Ornament I made for @beholder_folklore.

Even though it’s small, this pattern was one of the more difficult ones I’ve ever done! There were half stitches, fractional stitches, confetti-like areas but man-oh-man, it was worth it! And I was proud of myself for doing it on evenweave.

And a close up of the awesomeness!

For the back I used a kinda shimmery, gold snowflake patterned cotton. (Nifflers love shiny!)

And if you’re curious of what it looks like before backstitching:

Backstitching makes all the difference, doesn’t it?!

If you’re looking for the pattern or for any other cute patterns of Harry Potter-y things in jars, here you go: https://www.etsy.com/listing/833938755/magic-stitch-fantastic-beasts-cross?ref=yr_purchases

Thanks for looking!

27 Likes

Uber precious. And congrats in the evenweave!

1 Like

This is so charming. :heart:

1 Like

Wow! Just goes to show how important the backstitch is! This turned out so good!

1 Like

I’ll just dying over this! So adorable! Love all the golden shimmery choices you made.

1 Like

:heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Wow, impressive, precise stitching!

1 Like

I really love how you got a shaded, painted look with stitching…it is really so nicely done…and yes, backstitching is amazing…

1 Like

I don’t even know what a niffler is, but boy is this a great piece! All those special stitches, etc. give it a very painterly quality.

1 Like

This is super cute :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

It looks soooo beautiful! I do think the backstitch really makes it pop.

1 Like

I had no idea either but it reminded me instantly of this Dutch TV character:

Moffel

It does look like that character!

@Immaculata @TheMistressT A Niffler is a creature from Harry Potter. It’s very attracted to shiny things which is why this one is clutching some wee little gold coins.

2 Likes

Very nice and the half stitches really do make a world of difference in the finished piece even if they are annoying to do

1 Like

Trying to recover enough from the cuteness to appreciate the glorious shading effects, but it’s a struggle. An adorable, adorable struggle.

1 Like

So. Many. Grays. Totally worth it though! Thank you for the kind words!

1 Like

That’s super cute, love those keen diamondy eyes.