These aren’t flowers that bloom at night, but something to do when I can’t sleep.
This took just three bad nights!
Real simple techniques; spiderweb roses, chainstitch stems, and lazy daisy leaves.
I was very pleased with it when I decided it was finished. But…
I didn’t preplan (apparently, I make poor decisions when I’m tired), and wound up too close to the edge, stitched on more fabric, then ran out of room in another spot…wound up adding fabric on three sides.
Then it wasn’t balanced, and I had to rotate it 20°. Next it demanded a mat; fortunately, I had scrapbook paper to match the color of the stems.
Then it insisted on a frame. This is the only one I had, so I painted the back of the existing '80s vintage mat
I love it, and the visible angled seams don’t show because I mounted it high on my LeeArt wall.