Noodlehead's "Open Wide" pouch set

I used this free tutorial to make a set of pouches and a tissue cozy for @Kwality570 in an IYP (Invite Your Partner) swap at the old site. In return she made a “Be Good” monster for one of our naughty children, lol. I hope it will get shared here, it’s really cute.

Her prefered colours were pretty different from my usual rainbow explosion & I wasn’t sure my combos would work out but I ended up liking them in the end and so did she so hey, that’s all good!

The tutorial is easy to follow, I recommend it.

19 Likes

Cute!!! Thanks for linking to the tutorial. Well-stitched, and the fabrics are very cheery!

3 Likes

Beautiful, and I love the color combinations!

1 Like

One of my favorite pouches!

You did a beautiful job combining fabrics…the colors are so happy! That floral is lovely…and the hot pink combined with that lime green makes me just love you sense of color mixing…

1 Like

The colors are great! Thanks for the link to the pattern, I love pouches!

1 Like

I dunno, i feel like these are still pretty rainbow powered! Zip pouches are the bomb!

But that green liner fabric? that looks like backgammon material? SWEET!

:metal:

1 Like

Your pouches are great, especially the pink and green one.

1 Like

I absolutely love my pouches! I hate sewing, so it was a great IYP trade. In fact, I think you may have gotten the short end of the deal with this one. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Love the colors!

1 Like

I love the fabrics you chose!

1 Like

@Kwality570, that is the weirdest thing I have ever heard! LOL, not that I would say no to more swapping with you where you “make it (nothing) up to me”, haha. As if! He’s got your perpetual calendar on his desk too. You made a kid so happy with your monstery goodies.

Thanks for all the comments y’all, it really is a great pattern if you care to try it. The zipper is easier than most even.

1 Like

I love this! I just perused the tutorial and I think I can maybe handle it. Lol. I’ve been wanting to sew something lately and this might be the thing! If I can make it look even half as professional as yours I’ll be happy.

1 Like

You can do it! And if you get stuck or feel unsure about a step, post it here and tag me. I’m happy to help :).

1 Like

Go for it! I have used this tutorial link to help others learn to make a pouch…it is a good one…and I love how wide open the pouch opens so you can see everything you have in it…she also gives three different sizes and before long, you can make whatever size you want!

2 Likes

Whewwww, I love all the colors and patterns. So pretty!!!

1 Like

So I was inspired and attempted this tutorial and while I feel like my outside looks pretty darn good my lining is “meh”. It’s kinda bunchy. Maybe too big? Yours looks nice and neat!! Did you sew the lining with a bigger seam allowance? Any advice for a noob like me?

3 Likes

GORGEOUS!! <3 I love them!

1 Like

Yay! You did it! I think your pouch looks excellent. Often the lining can seem wrinkly but it isn’t really, it won’t be a bother when stuff is in the pouch.

I used the same seam allowance for both inside and out. I do a lot of pressing with a hot steamy iron and will often use fusible interfacing on both the outside and the lining. Occasionally I’ll tack the corners with a small hand stitch to keep things lined up if needed as well.

1 Like

Yay! I think the lining looks fine…so pretty…I usually interface my linings with a knit interfacing to give them some weight to stay neat, but once you fill it up, it is fine anyway! Good job!

2 Likes

I used interfacing on the outer fabric but not the lining. I do have a couple things I may do differently next time. Already picked out my next fabrics to try it. I’m determined to make a good pouch dammit. :rofl:

4 Likes