Noro yarn cropped cardi and pin

A while ago my lovely friend @calluna sent me some beautiful Noro yarn :sparkling_heart: :yarn: I finally decided what to make with it. I combined it with some stash Noro to make a cropped cardi.

I’m really happy with how it turned out! I used a free pattern (more of a recipe really) called sassymetrical, with longer sleeves, and made up the stripes as I went, to make maximum use of the yarn.

I had a few little scraps so I made a pin to go with it too :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Ravelry links
Project
Pattern the pin was loosely based on

24 Likes

This is stunning! And I love the little leather closure (?). Wear this with pride, my friend!! Beautiful work.

1 Like

This is stunning! It looks very high-end and artisanal. I would love a closer look at the closure, too. It’s really the perfect detail for this.

2 Likes

Thanks @Abbeeroad and @TheMistressT :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: I can’t take credit for the closure, it’s a lovely large pottery brooch given to me by a dear family member. I think the ceramic works really well with the Noro though.

I’m almost looking forward to autumn so I can wear it :smile:

6 Likes

This is glorious. It will look so wonderful on you, and yarn from a friend too! Like a warm hug each time you put it on :purple_heart: :green_heart:

1 Like

Wow, this is gorgeous!

1 Like

Oh goodness, this is beyond beautiful! You completely deserve such a unique and special piece.

1 Like

Gorgeous! Those colors look so earthy and magical. The best part of Noro yarn is that the more you wear it and wash it, the better it gets!

2 Likes

That is cute as Heck. I love the asymmetry…

1 Like

yummy colors, the broach is perfect.

1 Like

It’s amazing!
I love it.

1 Like

This is gorgeous!

1 Like

Beautiful!

1 Like

Beautiful. Love the pattern, color, and of course that closure!

2 Likes

Thanks everybody! And thank you @calluna for the inspirational yarn :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

This is lovely!!!

1 Like

:woman_genie: Your fantastic craft is one of this week’s Featured Projects! Congratulations! :fairy:

1 Like

Thank you!! :smiley:

wow! just gorgeous – I think I have that pattern in my favorites, and now I need to bump it up toward the top of the list! Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

That is amazing!!!

2 Likes