Northern Lights painting

Since we both grew up in the north (she in Alaska and I in northern Alberta Canada), I made this 5x7 painting for Lynx2Lancer.

38 Likes

How beautiful!

2 Likes

Thank you!!

1 Like

Ooh, so pretty!

2 Likes

Itโ€™s so pretty and perfect!

2 Likes

Thanks, guys!

1 Like

I love this! I remember going out to check for the northern lights as a kid when I was in Alaska. When I lived in Fairbanks for one year as an adult, the University of Alaska Fairbanks had an aurora tracker. It was so much easier to see them with that bit of technology, so we saw them more often. :hearts:

3 Likes

Itโ€™s gorgeous! Iโ€™ve never seen the Northern Light - I studied in Finland but not far enough to the north. Iโ€™ve always planned on going back one day to hopefully see it.

1 Like

Thank you, friends!

1 Like

This is gorgeous!

2 Likes

Thank you!

I hope youโ€™ll get the opportunity! They are even prettier in real life!

2 Likes

That is a gorgeous painting!

1 Like

So very pretty!

1 Like

So magical! Someday Iโ€™ll get to see them myself! I guess they are sometimes visible from here, but you have to get above/away from the trees. We tried when we were in Iceland, but it was August and hardly ever dark!

2 Likes

Thanks, everyone!

1 Like

Oh, this is so lovely! I absolutely adore sky/trees in artwork (and real life) and this captures the movement of the northern lights perfectly. Plus, it makes you feel like youโ€™re standing right under that star-studded sky. Beautiful!

3 Likes

Having grown up in the Northwest Territories, I used to see them lots and yours is one of the more realistic renditions Iโ€™ve seen.

4 Likes

Thank you so much! :blush:

1 Like

How magical & dreamyโ€ฆ
I saw them once up north. Not even that far really, southern Algonquin park. They were neon lime green, looked super weird.

2 Likes