NSFW roses top

Hiyas,

Next up in the covid isolation fabric stash sewathon, lol, a cute tank top made with fabric I’ve had for years and been waiting for the perfect project to use!

I picked this fabric because the pattern is called NSFW, and the pattern on this fabric looks like it’s lovely bold roses… but actually there are rude words hidden in amongst them :innocent: I love the idea of wearing a top that has secret expletives hidden on it that 99% people I meet probably won’t notice!

I won’t post a close up tho to keep it clean :wink:

I also modded the pattern slightly so that I could have cross-over straps at the back since I always wear bras with cross-over back straps.

!

I think I might be making a few of these for summer, and I plan to add shelf bras also to make things more comfy, especially if we’re still having to isolate when it gets nicer weather!!

NSFW top pattern link
(WARNING: the pattern contains expletives as it was released for April Fool’s Day, but there is a censored version included too)
For the life of me I can’t find where I got the fabric, it was a custom fabric I got on a facebook group a few years back.

Hope you like it! :sunglasses:
Loops xx

13 Likes

super cute! I like the criss cross back

1 Like

Really cute. Thanks for the pattern link I just bought 5 patterns from them. I can never find cute plus size patterns that are edgy for my daughter. She will love the top I’m gonna crank a few out her birthdays on the 8th. So again thanks from me on day 17 of quarantine. I now have something to do.

1 Like

Oh excellent, I have to say I love her patterns, a nice variety of styles, and some freebies too :smiley: Hope your daughter loves the top :birthday:

My bank balance isn’t thanking me for the quarantine already, most of my fabrics are at my in-laws (as we were in the process of emptying the house ready for selling it) so now I can’t access them, so I keep buying more instead :wink:

I would 100% wear this! It’s so subtle, it’s classy!!

I don’t know how you stand the crossed back though. I feel like I’m being reversed choked!! But they do look supah fancy schmancy!

:rose:

1 Like

I am always so impressed by anyone that can make their own clothes because I suck at it and this is awesome! You rock that top :slight_smile:

1 Like

I do feel like that with halter necks, I can’t wear those at all, but crossed back I’m fine with. I have arthritis in my shoulders (and most other places, but my upper body is the worst!) and I can’t take having bra straps on them, so I now make my own soft bras with cross backs which takes the pressure off the shoulders you see, so I figured why not make a top to match! :smiley:

The best part of sewing is you get to make what’s best for YOU! And not what fast fashion determines we might want. Good for you! And that fabric is sick! (In a good way)

:metal:

1 Like