Nutcracker and Mouse King

My sis-in-law requested this piece and boy oh boy is she lucky I luv her! This was definitely one of the most challenging pieces ever.
I want to make myself a set but that might have to wait until Christmas 2021 :christmas_tree: :santa:

18 Likes

Wow! These are SO awesome! I think your sister is super lucky. These are so cute and so quirky, and so well-made. Thanks for showing us!

3 Likes

These are so cool. My first thought is, “some people have no idea what they are asking for”. LOL! That was a huge ask, but they turned out amazing. She is going to be tickled when she gets these. All the little details. Phenomenal.

2 Likes

thanks, all! And SHE’S the one that taught me to crochet!

1 Like

They are fantastic!

1 Like

Love, Love, Love!! They turned out so good. You did a great job!

1 Like

This is SO fabulous! LOOOVE!

1 Like

Amazing!!!

1 Like

These are AMAAAZING! And yes, they sure do look challenging! How many different colors did you use on the nutcracker, btw?

2 Likes

Ooooh my goodness!!

1 Like

6 different colors and at one point i had to decrease while changing colors crocheting in a circle. Had a major hand cramp when that section was done

2 Likes

They are great.

If she can crochet you should ask her for a set for next year :wink:

2 Likes

lol @raury! Turnabout’s fair play, eh? :slight_smile:

These turned out just gorgeous! The colors and details make them look so rich. I love the little crowns on the mice’s (mice’s?? The heck kind of word is that?), um, on the heads of the mice. :crown:

1 Like

meeces :slight_smile: the little mice crowns have teeny tiny little seed beads attached to them too.
I like @Raury’s idea!

1 Like

Meeces!

Oh, I see the beads now! Even better!

1 Like

This are the bee’s knees!

1 Like

If this isn’t the reason to make stuff for other people I don’t know what is. Not that I want my sis-in-law to cry but seeing her joy made me so over the top happy

5 Likes

Awwww, that’s the best!

1 Like

The Mice still crack me up. I really thought it was just gonna be One Thicc Boy

1 Like