Ocean Tea Towels

As I was weaving these, I kept thinking of the colours of the ocean, hence the name.

This is one warp (see 2nd photo) woven two different ways. The right one was all done in blue but, for the left one, I used the variegated, green and blue to make stripes. I much prefer the left one and will now be done weaving with just one colour.

30 Likes

They look great!

1 Like

Thanks, I’m having so much fun with my loom!

3 Likes

I love the colours you used!

1 Like

Love the left one with green, wonderful set!

1 Like

They are lovely

1 Like

So pretty! The one on the left is definitely more interesting.

1 Like

Sometimes it’s hard to tell, at least for me, how they’ll look when finished. I wish now I’d used more green on the right one too.

1 Like

They’re both lovely! I have a loom woven tea towel a friend made me and it’s my favorite. There’s just something about loom weaving that’s so perfect and wonderful.

1 Like

These are great! I also have one handwoven towel - mine is probably 25 years old - and I wish I had more! They’re so durable while still having such a lovely hand.

1 Like

Ooo i like both of them, but i see what you mean about the added colors.

1 Like

I love both of them! You’re so rocking this craft!!

1 Like

Beautiful!

1 Like

They both look great, but I also like the left one more. They are both beautiful, though.

1 Like

The blue is just lovely, our kitchen has all sorts of blue but not much green! I think as a stand-alone the left one is more striking but that blue would look marvelous as just the right accent to bring out other accents in the right room. Like, I could see it with another towel in mostly lights, or almost solid in the darkest blue colour there. Very pretty Cindy, you have gotten great at weaving in such a small span of time!

1 Like

:four_leaf_clover: :rainbow: Luck’s got nothing to do with it! This amazing project is featured this week! :rainbow: :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

Oh wow, you WOVE those! No way, that’s so neat! I’ve always wanted to try but I’m sure I’d get it all tangled in knots somehow lol

1 Like

They’re beautiful! You did a great job with these!

1 Like

So pretty!

1 Like

Wow! They are both lovely…. Did I know you were a weaver?? If so, I had forgotten!