Octopus Necklace

My mom, my sister, and I got together for another jewelery making day (we had done one the week previous with my aunt), and I hadn’t really gotten anything accomplished (I was mostly helping). So, I rummaged through my bead bin and dug out some supplies that I had originally planned to use for a water tracking bracelet. But, since I don’t love when stuff dangles from my wrist, I figured I’d make a necklace instead.

(Excuse the slighty blurry photo- I tried several times and couldn’t get one that was crisp.)

To make the necklace, I added the silver beads (plus the findings and beading wire) to what I already had gathered for the bracelet.

30 Likes

This looks so elegant with a splash of whimsy! Fun! How nice you can enjoy crafty days with your family.

1 Like

Thank you! And, my family is pretty crafty and creative, so we have fun when we craft together. While I’ve convinced my mom (@Mumscrafts) and my sister (@michlytroi) to join Lettuce Craft, they don’t post what they’ve made, unfortunately. But they should :wink:

4 Likes

Ooh, lovely greens! <3

1 Like

Thank you! When I had originally planned to make a water-tracking bracelet, I wanted colors that reminded me of the ocean… which I now realize is strange because you can’t drink ocean water… :laughing:

3 Likes

Beautifully done!

1 Like

Love the colors on the beads!! So pretty!

1 Like

Ok, I will post some of my completed projects after you tell me how to do it!

3 Likes

Love love love this! Absolutely gorgeous in every way!

1 Like

I love the octopus charm!

1 Like

Thanks! Now I just need to find something to wear it with.

If you can post on FB, you can definitely do this :slight_smile:

Thanks! I kind of like how the octopus looks a little like an alien with those eyes!

2 Likes

Lovely!

1 Like

Very pretty beads! Fun little octo!

1 Like

This is beautiful!

1 Like

The colors are perfect (even if, yeah, you should absolutely not drink ocean water! :laughing:) and I like how they are broken up with the silver. Of course, the little octopus is what makes it really fun!

1 Like

So cool!

1 Like

Love your bead choice for this. The texture and color are perfect paired with the octopus.

1 Like

Thanks, everyone! I got the two sets of colored beads from Michael’s, along with the octopus. I had the silver beads and the findings in my stash, so who know where they came from, at this point!

Congrats! Your Octopus Necklace is one of this week’s featured projects. Way to go!

Wow! What a nice surprise! Thank you!