Old School Dotee Swap anyone?

On Facebook, there was a post about using the Wayback machine to find old posts from Crafter and post them here. One person mentioned the dotee swaps - which is how I began swapping.

I’ll try to find some old photos for examples but if anyone is skilled in calling up ancient internet history, feel free to add photos in the comments.

Dotees are small hanging dolls that can resemble real things - characters, fandom themes, or completely imaginary. They are about 3” - 4” and most have dangling bits at the bottom.

Does anyone want to make and swap these?

6 Likes

IMG_3507

Borrowed from Pinterest

6 Likes

IMG_3508

Also from Pinterest

4 Likes

I remember that swap. I made these

dc3f90c43ed6c08f0c64694070963350

4 Likes

I remember these swaps. I would eventually like to join a Dotee swap again. (Not for several.montjs though)

2 Likes

This is a Dotee I made several years ago. It was so much fun to make!

3 Likes

I would love to do a Dotee swap. I just packed all of mine up because I’m moving.

4 Likes

Found these.on the Way back Machine. They were made by Ludi.

This one was made by Smmarrt
136516_03Jun15_IMG_20150603_191943

3 Likes

I think that’s Adam Ant? I made a Ziggy Stardust doll too.

2 Likes

One of my other favorites was an Oompa Loompah. I’ll see if it’s still on Flickr.

2 Likes

This was from a musician themed dotee swap. I forgot the name of the musician though. :face_with_spiral_eyes: (From the 80s)

1 Like

I think this is a great idea! The gallery would be really neat, too. It’s a great way to stretch the creative muscles.

3 Likes

I would 1000% love to do another one of these! It was one of my first swaps on the other site, as well. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I now have a sweet little pair of Kodama swinging on a leafy branch, and I made an Old One from Lovecraft for my partner. I’ll see if I can dig up pictures. :smile:

2 Likes

I’d be interested! Wish I had pictures of the ones I made for swaps on the other site… I recall making an Ayla from Clan of the Cave Bear.

1 Like

I’ll put this swap up today or tomorrow. Looking forward to it!

3 Likes

Just a heads up that I won’t be able to join this time around. (Recovering and getting my life together after giving birth.)
I’m definitely happy to follow along and see all the cute dotees everyone makes though!

2 Likes

Congrats! We’ll see you next time around.

1 Like

The swap is live!

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll enjoy everyone’s dotees :purple_heart:

1 Like