Old tv becomes kitty den

My friend’s ancient tv rotted in his basement so he gave it to me for crafting, woo hoo!
After the innards were removed, it sat in my apartment for years before I decided I’d better work on it.

I lost the original photo of the day I got it so had to pull this one off the web to show exactly what model and color it was

oldtv

and I managed only one in-process pic

I spray painted it, added car door edging guards, and stripped old thin cushions of their gaudy fabric in order to put cheery red (from a second hand tablecloth) on instead. The cushions are on the bottom and 3 sides.

I adore the handle so left it as is, and I thought the knob labels were cool so when i painted it, i covered them up with frog tape so they’d still show.

Pic of my kitty investigating. She has yet to actually use it as a den. Fingers crossed that she will, as i have zero other ideas as to how this creation could be put to use.

thanks for looking!

30 Likes

This is so cool!

2 Likes

I love this so much. I need a person sized den like this

2 Likes

Ooh, I’ve seen pictures of this kind of thing online, but this one is so much cooler… love the colours!

1 Like

I love it!!!

1 Like

Wow! This is great :smiley:

1 Like

So kittylisous!

1 Like

Really neat way to reuse something old and give it a new purpose!!! Great job!!

1 Like

This is awesome! Your choice of colors is great.

1 Like

So neat! How big is the tv, and/or how small is your cat? I’d love something like this for my cats, but I don’t think they’d fit.

1 Like

This memory of how sad my cat, Frankenstein, was over not fitting in a regular sized cat condo was both funny and sad. I wonder if he’d face the same dilemma?

4 Likes

13 x 11 x 15 deep. yeah, it is indeed on the small side. I have 2 cats that like tiny spots but my ginormous one certainly would not go in.

1 Like

Very cool! I wanted to do this for our dogs.

1 Like

I love it. It looks great! I did this a number of years back for my dog who didnt appreciate it at all lol.

1 Like

Thats adorable! If kitty doesn’t end up using it I could totally see it on some hair pin legs or a reclaimed iron base and used as a side table with the hole to place books or a craft project

2 Likes

What a great repurpose! I love how you kept the design vibe of the orignal TV, too. If not your cat, right now then some cat, somewhere will totally dig this!

1 Like

If the cat doesn’t take to it, I wonder if it would be more appealing if you added a small heating mat?

2 Likes

Awesome!

1 Like

excellent idea, come winter!!

1 Like

Congrats! Your Kitty Den is one of this week’s featured projects. Way to go!

1 Like