Olive Cotton Raglan Sweater

I wish I could say I used a pattern for this sweater, but, the truth is, I couldn’t find a pattern that I liked the fit of. There were several that I read through and started stitching on, but it was always something…the neckline was too large, the arm scye was too shallow, the back was baggy, etc. So, I gave up and just measured a raglan shirt that I liked, and did the calculations. And, that was mostly how this sweater came together. It’s a top-down construction, and there was a lot of trying on and some modifications. The sleeves are about 15 rows shy of what I had figured, and they’re still long and a bit baggier than I had planned, but I like how it came out in the end.

The yarn in Lion Brand Oh Baby Organic cotton in olive, sport weight. The drape of the fabric is just lovely. Would definitely recommend.

28 Likes

Such a sharp looking sweater! I’m so impressed by your innovation and persistence!

3 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

Lovely sweater!

1 Like

Beautiful! I’m more impressed that you didn’t use a pattern. Custom made for a custom fit!

1 Like

Yay! It’s complete and looks great. The yarn sounds yummy! I love solid color sweaters that can mix and match with multiple outfits; this one looks perfect for that.

1 Like

Thank you!

@endymion, me too! I’d love to reduce my wardrobe to just simple, well-made and -fitted items. The last couple years have mostly been sweats and t-shirts, though, since I rarely go anywhere. :joy::sob:

4 Likes

It’s much more impressive when you figure out a solution like that.

1 Like

It looks super comfy and I love the color. Kudos for making up this pattern. That sounds insane to my yarn inept head!

2 Likes

That turned out great! Well worth all the effort, I’m impressed.
How odd a yellowish colour is labelled olive, I think I’d call that more mustard myself but it’s lovely none the less.

2 Likes

Thank you!

It’s greener than the lighting in my room would have you believe. I can never get the tone right, even with editing, in that room.

Yarn under natural light:

2 Likes

Beautiful. It looks warm and comfortable, and yet so professionally done.

1 Like

Oh, that is much more olive! It’s wonderful.

1 Like

Thank you! :heart:

that looks super cute and comfy!!

1 Like

It looks great! And kudos for figuring it out as you went.

1 Like

Ooh love that color!! I’m so impressed by your ingenuity! I bet it looks great on you, too!

1 Like

Thanks, everyone!

This is absolutely fabulous!

1 Like

Gorgeous! I’ve touched this yarn and it’s really nice, but gets softer and better with washes. I’m sure this is going to be in heavy rotation in your wardrobe. It would be in mine!

1 Like