Ollie in cross-stitch

I cross stitched this image of my cat a few years ago. Sadly, we lost him this past August. He was almost sixteen years old. I miss this tubby ball of fluff soooooo much. :heart:

Here is the original photo I had a chart made from

10 Likes

I’m sorry for your loss! 16 years is a long time. But this is a beautiful tribute to Ollie. The pattern is very realistic and it must have taken you ages to stitch with all the different shades of black, grey and white.

1 Like

Absolutely gorgeous with those huge cute eyes! I’m so glad you have something like this to remember him with. I know how much you miss the little goofball.

1 Like

I am so sorry for your loss. This is just stunning.

1 Like

Beautiful and so much personality comes through in the stitched version

1 Like

This is amazing. What a lovely memory of your baby

1 Like

The amount of time & love evident in this project warms my :heartbeat:

1 Like

As I said on the Hanna cross stitch, really heartwarming to know that it’s of a beloved pet. It looks really great, can’t see just how big it is. What are you planning to do to them? You didn’t say if it’s for the wall or a pillow or something else :slight_smile:

1 Like

Both cross stitches are framed and hung on the wall. They fit into a 12x12 inch scrapbook frame with a 1.25 inch frame border around. I think I have a photo of them hanging on the wall somewhere. I’ll see if I can find it.

I could see they were huge, mostly because you could hardly see the stitches XD but I would love to see them on the wall :slight_smile:

This is from the last house we lived in. Now they’re above our sliding glass door.

1 Like

They look so wonderful together :smiley: thank you for finding the picture, seeing them on the wall somehow changes them. Actually, you can’t even see they are cross stitched, did I tell you I thought the shading was awesome? I think I forgot XD so photo realistic

1 Like

this is beautiful.
i lost my grumpy pudge cat of 15 years last september as well, and miss him lots.
this is a fabulous way to memorialize your kitters :heart_eyes_cat:

1 Like