Ombré lap quilt

I brought a quilt to my sister’s apartment complex, along with a folding table, and together, we worked outside to get it spray basted. We were working alongside a river on a beautiful day, so it was quite enjoyable! But, she has since moved, so I’ll have to come up with another way to do it. I might have to take my quilts into school and use the large tables in the teachers’ room after school and do some pin basting instead.

2 Likes

It’s beautiful!

2 Likes

How gorgeous! I’m sure it’s going to be very well loved and cherished. Those colors you picked for the ombre are simply beautiful together. It reminds me the place where outer space and our outer atmosphere meet. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

A painting in fabric…it is lovely and well done. I am sure she will love it!

I have recently started using fusible batting. It is thinner, which is good for our area, and the stabilizer washes away after a time. I still pin, but the shifting all over is controlled.

1 Like

Congratulations! This has been selected as one of this week’s Featured Projects.

1 Like

Thanks @MissingWillow! Thanks everyone :purple_heart:

1 Like

What a thoughtful gift!

1 Like

Ahhh so gorgeous, my favorite color scheme!

2 Likes

This is such a thoughtful gift! I love how you used the leftover fabric for the back and the binding!

@Magpie, My basting spray says to ‘provide adequate ventilation,’ but I’ve always used it in the house without any problems. When doing small projects, I put the fabric in a used shipping box and spray away without worries of overspray getting everywhere. When doing large projects I’m careful not to overspray (because who wants to have to clean up an unnecessary mess?).

Here’s a helpful article on how to spray baste a quilt.

3 Likes

Congrats! Your project was one of the best of 2021! You are awesome!

2 Likes