On The Go Baby Changing Mat

I hope this is the right spot XD but I got to make the On The Go Baby Changing Mat for Ellie and Macs weekly sale and it was a nice simple pattern. I have the wet bag cut out but I haven’t had the time to get it sewn together. I’m hoping that next weekend I can get it together as I plan to gift them to a coworker who is expecting! I had a lot of fun picking out the fabric for this project and I think it came out quite well. Although I missed one of the cut on fold markings when cutting out the mat but I think the size will be alright.

Here is my #affiliate link for the weekly sale page for it! On The Go Baby Changing Mat & Wet Bags Pattern

15 Likes

Cute…and love that it is portable and compact! Both of those would be welcomed gifts for a new baby!

1 Like

Thank you! I thought it would be a nice little present.

What are you using for your water-resistant fabric?

I bought a ton of PUL, thinking I was going to make bowl covers, but apparently, the kind I got is not considered food safe. Who knew there were different kinds? I bet I could use that for the insides. What do you think?

1 Like

Cute fabric! I remember those days… wiping poo off the changing mat when there was a blowout. :face_vomiting:

2 Likes

So the pattern recommends PUL or something water resistant/proof such as oil cloth. I used oil cloth because I wasn’t finding any PUL locally and wasn’t sure it would get here in time if I ordered it.

Well hopefully it cleans up easily. Oh I don’t envy them. There’s a reason I’m not interested in having kids anytime soon.

2 Likes

What a great gift! I definitely found myself a time or two without a clean place to change a diaper…this would have saved the day!

1 Like

I thought it would be a nice simple gift that didn’t need a ton of work. Well at least compared to a quilt (also she is expecting twins so no thanks to making two quilts).

1 Like

I love a useful craft and this hits the mark. I am sure there will be a time they will be silently thanking you this during an emergency! It looks adorable too.

1 Like

Hahaha. Well I can personally attest that this will come in double handy for twins!!

2 Likes

I have a second mat I need to get done as well. But I think it will be nice to have on hand. Especially after working with small children who do need to be changed sometime.

1 Like

That’s what I thought as well!

2 Likes

You’ve selected really great fabrics for this super handy gift!

1 Like

I bought the pattern…yeah, I could probably figure it out, but for that price, not worth my time…I was trying to think of what I could make as random gifts for the stash of baby fabrics I have. I also have a bunch of partially finished baby quilts that I might be able to use.

I see a lot of young mothers pushing strollers in our neighborhood…it would be nice to have a few things to give them as a neighborly gesture. (and to destash!)

2 Likes

Thank you! I fell in love with the animal print so I had to use it.

1 Like

That’s such a sweet idea! And the wet bag can be used for so many other things. Reusable period products or swim suits. Just keeping it in a kids backpack in case of an accident.

1 Like

Super handy for travel changes, that’s a great gift.

1 Like

That’s what I thought. Shouldn’t take up too much space but will be really useful!

:balloon: :balloon:Congratulations! This awesome project is featured this week! :balloon: :balloon:

1 Like