One old, one older finished from the WIP stack

I am a pretty scrappy quilter. I like using a million patterns and colours. It’s not often I buy a full fabric line but I just couldn’t resist these strange stylized floral dinosaurs.
This one is for me. I think.

And this one has been almost 10 years in the making… My kiddo when small, wanted to wear “stripey shirts like daddy” and had quite a few button downs. This is his wardrobe from birth to 12. I made 6 total quilts from his shirts and handed them out to family for Christmas that year. Except for the one for us. It’s been on the pile… Now it’s Done and it’s pretty sentimental.

20 Likes

I love the floral dinosaurs, but the stripey shirt one has me sobbing. What a lovely keepsake.

2 Likes

The second one is such a sweet memento. The yellow in the first one appeals to me so much. I’d definitely keep it, if I were you.

1 Like

What an awesome quilt. I love the idea of finding a way to keep your kiddos special clothes for years to come.

1 Like

Both are awesome!!! Love the floral dinos and the plaid memories. Yay for quilts for you.

2 Likes

What a lovely story about the shirts, and it turned into an awesome quilt! The dinos are cool!

2 Likes

Oh, my heart…… love the stripes. Definitely a keeper and I hope it becomes a family heirloom.

The Dino’s are really cute!

1 Like

Shirts like daddy, oh my heart. Gorgeous too.

1 Like

The dinos are adorable and I’m glad to hear you’re keeping it for yourself!

The quilt for your kiddo’s shirts is super attractive even without knowing the backstory, but DANG! It’s a true treasure with the backstory! :sob:

1 Like

These are great! The dinosaurs are cute and I love the quilt made from shirts! :smiley:

1 Like