"one sexy hot mess" or the quilt that happened this weekend

So. Friday I was putting off basting a quilt and wanted to start a quilt that has been bumbling about in my head. It wasn’t working. And I was getting frustrated so I wandered away from both and started some crumb/improv style scrap blocks. Honestly. I loved making these blocks. No rulers until the final 12.5" trim

Finished up the quilting and binding on it this afternoon. The title is how a friend referred to the process shots. It’s as good a name as any.

And some close ups of some of my favorite bits

36 Likes

This. Is. Amazeballz! I bet one could spend a goodly amount of time peeping at all the different prints!

3 Likes

Wow! That IS one sexy hot mess!! Fantastic!!

2 Likes

That is a fabric collector’s dream quilt…a bit of every fabric in every used for a project! It must bring up happy memories of sewing…

Such a huge, huge mix of fabrics…like an eye spy for adults!

3 Likes

Freaking amazeballs, OMG, this is the BEST!

2 Likes

This actually has the last bit of scrap from my first quilt. And the last bit of a lightning sky storm print. Sad to see them gone. :joy:

2 Likes

I’m in love! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

This is absolutely amazingly gorgeous! What a cool quilt!!! Almost makes me want to sew. I love quilts but HATE being so precise with sewing. Improv seems way better. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Do it!!!

1 Like

Love every little bit of this.

2 Likes

Amazing job!!!

2 Likes

It’s amazing!
I love it.

2 Likes

I love it when a quilt has so many hidden gems!

3 Likes

Awesomely scraptastic!

2 Likes

Love it!!! So cheerful! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Congrats! Your Sexy Hot Mess Quilt is one of this week’s featured projects. You are awesome!

2 Likes

Ooooh I like “no rules” quilting haha. Need to look into this.

This turned out amazing of course! Scrappy FTW!

2 Likes

Absolutely!!!

2 Likes

What a great idea! Fun to look at!

1 Like

The more I look at this, the more I love it.

3 Likes