One Woman Macrame Revival...holiday ornaments

I am determined never to let macrame die! I made my first macrame bracelet when I was 10 and a macrame owl that hung in my college dorm room back in the 1970’s…I made a lot of macrame plant hangers and now, I had a chance to make some macrame snowflakes for the current Ornament Swap! YAY, MACRAME!

Here is the one I made for @photojenn…it was harder than I remembered because of the tiny cord and my aging poor eyesight and fatter fingers! lol I spread glue on it and dipped it in glitter.

I knew @Cindy crocheted a lot of snowflakes, but she had snowflakes on her list, so, again, macrame to the rescue! This one was even tougher because I used crochet cord and then had to stiffen it with glue and glitter. Apologies to my partners for glitter, but sorry, not sorry… :rofl:…I love glitter!

I can’t wait to put up my tree so I can hang it with all of the lovely ornaments I have received over the years!!

19 Likes

Macrame really is back-ra-mae!

Also, I love my ornament!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

These are so festive! I was wondering about the glitter…I thought you got special glittery cord!

2 Likes

I love the look of these…and you can never go wrong with glitter!

1 Like

I am in camp Never apologize for the use of glitter!!! They are wonderful and such a different look then the traditional crocheted ones!

I watch escape to the chateau and cannot not say it how Angle does on the show…its driving me nuts now!!! Took me a while to figure out what she was intending to do LOL

3 Likes

I love them!! And nothing wrong with glitter! Not a fan usually but I make an exception for Christmas. They will look wonderful in a tree full of fairy lights.

1 Like

I didn’t even know macrame snowflakes existed and now I feel like I have missed out my whole life!

2 Likes

Once you start, you can’t stop at just one…there are so many patterns and they really go quickly…I am looking at some boards to make them easier to make…

3 Likes

I didn’t know they existed either until I saw the one for Jenn and then mine arrived.

I used to do macrame but never this tiny, now I have to look into it. Thanks @AIMR, like I needed another craft :wink:

3 Likes

Of course you do! You now have that fabulous craft room to fill up! lol

1 Like

These are so wonderfully sparkly! I do love a sparkly tree.

1 Like

These are adorable!

They are very pretty! Totally remind me of ornaments when I was a kid in the 70’s.

2 Likes

Those are so lovely and old fashioned looking. Very pretty, nice work.

1 Like