Ongoing ATC gallery & discussion for 2021

Just the other day I was looking at the bits and pieces on my craft table and I set one thing aside in case I joined the swap and had a chance to claim @roler :wink: Well I had my chance! Ha! :laughing: I have less crafting time than usual this month but I can manage an ATC or two :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

Awww that’s so sweet! Thanks so much for thinking of me! XD

1 Like

I would love to join this swap! And I have met all the requirements, BUT, I live in Sweden. And I know that the post is not always superfast. Im not sure that if I mail an ATC it will arrive in the time-frame that is set, and I just see myself posting another one, and another one… In an evil spiral of slow post. :sweat_smile:

So I was wondering are most of the people in this swap from the US, or are you from all over the world?

6 Likes

This is a great swap for international friends! We’d love to have you! Mail can even be slow within USA.

2 Likes

Most people are from the US because that’s where most of the people on the forum are from. But international swappers are always welcome, and we do know it takes a bit to get across the ocean, no worries! (When Jemimah joins, it’s been running about a month for things to get into New Zealand; you’re bound to do better than that.) Come play!

4 Likes

@skrutt Happy Mail is also all over the world, everybody is welcome! When it only costs a stamp it’s not too hard to send far, far away :).

5 Likes

Join! It’s always fun to have new people. :tada:

2 Likes

Received my last card from the May swap today. kait1371 chose my Canada theme, and made me a maple tree with a moose crossing sign. I think this is the first card in my (quite large) collection made with oil paints. Cool!

12 Likes

From @bluebird for my sunrise theme! Beautiful colors!

10 Likes

I love all these ATCs! The creativity is outstanding!

I wanted to share my latest ATC, which is also an alerted playing card. I call it Love 479.

I decided to add a word phrase as a focal element after doing all the background layers without a direction/final design in mind. I grabbed the closest book, which was “The Prophet,” by Kahlil Gibran, and limited myself to words on pages 4, 7, and 9 because of the rub-on numbers I used. The numbers were chosen at random.

I really enjoy what my brain came up with… can it be an ATC if you don’t trade it? Asking for a friend. 🥸 hehe

8 Likes

Cool!

I got a map from @megwell of a ridiculous construction detour route near her house:

7 Likes

Crazy detour!!!

From L2L fir sea life
Created from a master board. Very cool!!

Thank you!

6 Likes

Bonus: Upside-down, it’s one of the coolest things I’ve ever drawn.

Seriously, I couldn’t draw a head like that if I wanted to.

5 Likes

I received two ver different and very cool atcs today!

First up, with special help by the talented @storerboughtcreation, an Operation Use Up Yarn atc from @roler! I love the sea turtle card and matching postal stamp, too!

(Not too bulky at all!)

Next up, from the talented @curiousfae, “Dandy Bird,” inspired by anthropomorphic birds on tumblr by maimido

Kelli- he reminds me of the turkey vulture watercolor atc I almost sent you.

Thank you both so much!

7 Likes

That dandy bird is very cool! And the yarn ATC is clever. I like the border- kind of ties it all together.

1 Like

Love the dandy bird and the detour- that’s ridiculous! And I love stashbusting in creative ways like that yarn ATC. :grin:

1 Like

From @Lynx for my trivia theme:

Q [on the back]: What is a ferrule?

Thanks, Laura!

5 Likes

So many fantastic ATCs! That dandy bird in particular is just making me grin so hard! …May have to add anthropomorphic animals to my list… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Meanwhile, I finally started working on one of the goals I set myself for this year, which was to make one ATC for MYSELF for each of the topics on my list. So here’s the card I made myself for my “medieval bestiary” theme:

9 Likes

That’s a really cool card, and fun idea to make yourself atcs.

2 Likes

This is an excellent goal! (and one I keep vaguely thinking of doing also, and then not cough getting around to…)

1 Like