Ongoing ATC swap gallery/discussion for 2022

Finally!!! It has been a while since one of mine has been eaten by the postal monster, but I’m glad this rendition of Baba Yaga’s spice rack made it!

4 Likes

I received this fun ATC from @Lynx for my personified inanimate objects with a mixture of a song we’re playing for marching band called “Brain Damage” by Pink Floyd.

8 Likes

The Baba Yaga shelf card made me giggle. “Hops” I like how each bottle is so unique.

1 Like

The leg also sort of looks like the lamp from A Christmas Story. Lol. Great mash up!

3 Likes

Hahaha! It totally does!

1 Like

For those who love ATCs, thought I would share this in case you missed it.

3 Likes

…and speaking of which, how does everyone feel about August? @Lynx can host again if people want the ongoing swap instead of (or as well as) trying mini pocket letters, or we can let the swap take a vacation until I can pick back up in September. What do you think?

• Yay Ongoing ATCs for August!
  • I might join if it’s there, but meh, it’s hot out…
  • Taking a break sounds good to me.
  • I have no opinion, but I like ticky boxes!!

0 voters

1 Like

Recd from @irid3sc3nt!

House plant theme. She said this was inspired by one she has at home that is 3ft long! I love these plants. A form of succulent that looks so cool. Like a string of big l0beads.

And she sent a bonus!
It’s called ‘the last watermelon balloons’.
I love the background. It’s looks shiny like it was painted. The color is beautiful. Cool abstract idea.

Thank you!

10 Likes

Ok, it looks like we have at least 4-6 swappers for August, so that’s probably worth running a swap for. Have fun, everybody!

1 Like

I received an adorable atc titled “The Many Faces of Wandering Jade” from @chameleonhound!

I love their cute faces! So many expressions! Look at the poor darling who fell off on the left side.

11 Likes

:rofl:
So cute! They all have their own little personalities. I love it!

The watermelon balloons are pretty awesome, too.

Just received a very cool collage ATC from @audity. I love it!
Where did you get those photos? The whole things seems kinda psychedelic with all the pops of bright color.

Thanks so much!

9 Likes

Classic @audity!

1 Like

Check out this fabulous alternative acronym for ATC I got from @endymion! The inspiration is the playing card on the left, an extra goodie for me. :smile:

I love it! It’s like a landscape I imagine while reading The Martian Chronicles or something similar.

And the delightful cards that came too:

11 Likes

Aww what a great card! I love that theme!

1 Like

I got the very-vintage (maybe 1950s?) playing card quite a while ago, and the image has just always stuck in my mind. I figured if I did my own version, maybe I’d stop thinking about it. The trees in the original card are actually metallic gold, also an Abnormal Tree Color.

2 Likes

That little shriveled one with the X’d eyes had me chuckling.

2 Likes

I received a wonderful ATC from @Lynx for my “draw something in your kitchen” theme. I love it!
It is rendered in oil pastels. She says she has a sign in her kitchen like this; isn’t it funny? (Yes, “the ends” keep moving all the time!)

Thanks so much, @Lynx! I love the saturated, vivid colors and the lushness of the oil pastels, as well as the humorous message, of course.

10 Likes

sorry for the delay in posting here is my pretty rainbow cow from thanate! my son claimed it immediately and put it on his wall by the rainbow paper chain we made!

thank you ao much thanate

10 Likes

so these were all the same guy from an old guide book to jazz dancing! :joy: I found at the thrift store and some of the pictures were so funny.

1 Like