geekgirl :mailbox: :love_letter: <โ€“> Reinikka :mailbox: :love_letter:
gozer :mailbox: :love_letter: <โ€“> curiousfae :mailbox: :love_letter:
curiousfae :mailbox: :love_letter: <โ€“> Juju :mailbox: :love_letter:
Abberoad :mailbox: :love_letter: <โ€“> Lynx2Lancer :mailbox: :love_letter:
Lynx2Lancer :mailbox: :love_letter: <โ€“> goatgoddess :mailbox: :love_letter:
bluebird :mailbox: :love_letter: <โ€“> Geekybookworm :mailbox: :love_letter:
3 Likes

I guess Iโ€™m first!

It was so exciting to swap with @Abbeeroad for the first time! (I hope we get to more!)

She combined my themes of cats and space for this adorable mini pocket letter!

The back:

Some goodies:

(The big piece is an extra larger letter.) I love I can re-use the masterboard, and it has birds on it!

And, this really adorable watercolor planets โ€œbunting.โ€ (Or whatever youโ€™d like to call it.)

Iโ€™m gonna find a spot to hang it in my new (1st!) classroom

Thanks, Abbee!

15 Likes

Yay! Iโ€™m glad you like it!! The bunting replaced some other non-space related ephemera I had gathered. I hope itโ€™s a suitable substitute!

3 Likes

Oh my goodness @Abbeeroad that cat is utterly adorable! I love that you kept it in the line art form. It works perfectly with the composition. The entire package is purr-fection!

2 Likes

Itโ€™s perfect!

1 Like

โ€œMeowter Spaceโ€ had me laughing. I havenโ€™t heard that before, itโ€™s cute!

Also, @Abbeeroad, how did you create the planets? Did you create a general watercolor, then cut it out? Or did you watercolor directly on the shape? Itโ€™s so cool, my friend would also love it in her school library!

3 Likes

Meowter Space is stolen from the internet. :sweat_smile: The cat image is also heavily inspired (almost exactly) from an image I found online.

For the planets, I painted and layered circle shapes first and then cut them out. I know the scale is not right. My Saturn in particular was swapped with Neptune when the circle Iโ€™d planned for Saturn didnโ€™t fit inside the ring. :woman_facepalming:

5 Likes

My friend wanted me to make styrofoam ball planets, but thatโ€™s sooo much shaving, so I thought this was a good idea.

1 Like

@Abbeeroad I think you sent that mini pocket letter to the wrong address lol. I have a small collection of cats in space ATCs. this would have fit right in! I love that solar system bunting.

6 Likes

Hahaโ€ฆthatโ€™s awesome! I feel like I could have guessed that about you, though. Space cats seems so fitting! :laughing:

1 Like

And I received from @Lynx today!!

Itโ€™s sooo cool!!

I love the colors!! The neons are supposed to work under a black light - way cool! The quote is also perfect!!

Hereโ€™s the back:

And all the goodies tucked inside!

The cut out flowers are from her own photography!! Beautiful!

Thank you so much, Laura! Itโ€™s so awesome we finally swapped. Til next time! :wink:

12 Likes

Iโ€™m so glad you like it! Iโ€™ve watched your art style for so long, I felt pretty confident youโ€™d like the backgrounds. The quote was on your Pinterest, and is perfect for my life right now, too.

Enjoy!

2 Likes

love the space kitty, too cute. the plants are way cool too.

got mine from Lynx2Lancer - love them, creepy cats very cool - thank you so much
top pic - the fronts
middle pic - the backs
and the goodies at the bottom - thank you so much :slight_smile:

12 Likes

I received my pocket letter from @bluebird! She decided to go with my misheard song lyrics theme.

I love it!

Here it is with my goodies.

I love all the stickers and washi tape!

12 Likes

Iโ€™m so happy you loved it! I had a lot of fun illustrating them for you! :blush:

If anyone is curious about the songs, here are the titles:
eurythmics - sweet dreams (are made of this)
bob dylan - blowinโ€™ in the wind
pet shop boys - west end girls

And I also received from @GeekyBookworm! She went with my limited color palette theme (blacks/grey/white plus one additional color) and she made these wonderful parrots for me! I love them! :heart_eyes:

And here are the goodies she included along with the letter!
22mpltgitpfg2

Thank you so much for everything! :blush:

13 Likes

I love that yellow bird @GeekyBookworm . they are all neat, but that one is my favorite.

1 Like

@Abbeeroad that background is fantastic.

@Lynx great composition with the colors, quotes and plants

@bluebird great job as always! They look great. Even the ants are cute :rofl:
And my sweet dreams ARE made of cheese.

@GeekyBookworm great job on the limited palette and still making the birds standout as focal points!

2 Likes

Eeeek! Everything in this gallery is so wonderful! :heart_eyes:

I received from @geekgirl and finally have free time to share pictures! She went with my colorful and inspirational themes, which came just in time to keep me from doubting the ATCs Iโ€™m making for her! :heart:

They read: โ€œFeed your soulโ€, โ€œMake your own joyโ€, and โ€œAccept yourselfโ€ and are also full of shimmery silver :star_struck:

And the back with the goodies!

Thank you @geekgirl :kissing_heart:

13 Likes

Everything is so great!

I love the creepy cats in fall from @Lynx.

The misheard lyrics cracked me up! So well illustrated @bluebird.

The monochromatic parrots by @GeekyBookworm are fantastic!

@geekgirlโ€™s ATCs are so her style and full of color! Love them!!

3 Likes