Ongoing ATC swap gallery/discussion for 2022

Received an awesome Pushing Daisies card from @endymion today! Such a fun card to celebrate one of my favorite shows.

Meanwhile, I’m getting a little worried about the four cards I mailed a week ago… I know USPS is having its issues lately, but you’d think at least one of them would have reached its destination by now… :worried:

11 Likes

Thanks-- it’s my favorite black watercolor paper, on which I did a sort-of rainbow swirl with my new super mica-infused watercolors from Beam Paints, then did the embroidery, and overpainted the center of the moon with a graphite watercolor, and then added some stars in gel pen.

5 Likes

I received three lovely new ATCs today!

First, there’s this Pokémon one from @jellybean:

It’s a darling drawing of Eevee, her favorite! I’m actually surprised it took this long for Eevee to be claimed; it’s a really popular one!

And then, here are two wonderful anthropomorphic animals from @thanate!

First here’s a cool cat (possibly Jorts fanart, she says, which is perfect!!).

And here’s a sweet gardening bunny!!
The embroidery and the textured paper give a wonderful feel of depth to these cards.

Both generous swappers also sent me stickers and fun paper stuff in the envelopes as well; thank you both so much!!

10 Likes

I received the coolest card from @Cindy last night. It’s so graphic and bold. She said it was part of a larger piece that she cut down to form an ATC.
I also have to add that I am super impressed with how neat your hand writing was in the card. You must have been a teachers delight. Great penmanship!

12 Likes

Happy you like the card. Thank you for the compliment on my penmanship :smiley:
My friends used to tease me in high school, saying they could put a ruler along the top of the letters and it would be level. Must have picked it up from my dad, he has the nicest handwriting I’ve ever seen and he’s a doctor.

6 Likes

I got a lovely Baba Yaga shelf from @roler today:

13 Likes

I love the hand graphics you used on that card @endymion. The edition of the stitching is really clever too. This card is great!

2 Likes

I received three, make that four, lovely cards this week…

From @pioneer9 this #13 piece:

From @thanate this piece for a Witch’s garden:

And from @curiousfae these two:

Thank you so much everyone. :heart:

15 Likes

I absolutely love any art created by @gozer. Her style and creativity always amazes me. Look at this watercolor, sparkly pen, and marker masterpiece!!! She picked my dinos in space theme and I absolutely positively love it!

15 Likes

Wow! This gallery blows me away; everyone’s cards are so cool. Having done Tim Curry myself for @artsycandice, I’ve got to mention @curiousfae’s version. Totally amazing!

3 Likes

Prepare for cuteness overload. I received 4 cards yesterday. I sat in the car squealing as I opened them because they are all fantastic!

@photojenn for Doodling

@curiousfae for the Letter P

@pioneer9 for Penguins

@bluebird for the Letter P … based on a quilt I made

16 Likes

Wow, great mail day!

4 Likes

@cindy – Joy has never looked so joyous. The bird is so pretty and I like the colors you put with the photo.

@roler – the quilt was clever and cute. The seahorse in the corner is adorable. The Baba Yaga shelf is very cool. The skull is adorable.

@Lynx – I laughed when I read your description of the ATC to Curiousfae. I can see it too. What was the theme?

@Thanate – the stitched moon card is really neat. The different metallics in the background are beautiful. Cute skateboarding cat and gardening bunny.

@endymion – That Pushing Daisies card is incredible! You can tell you put so much thought (not to mention talent) into it. It perfectly captures the feel of the show.

@jellybean – adorable Eevee and great coloring on it.

@pioneer9 - #13 has such foreboding and tells a story. The penguins are absolutely adorable.

@Curiousfae – Oh my! That RHPS one is AMAZING! I love it so much. The stippling is perfect and I and insane about the teeth. Those are not easy. Love the sparkle on the lips and the positioning of the face on the card. Complete perfection! That flamingo is bonkers too. You are a talent powerhouse!

@photojenn – The colors are so bold and pretty on the doodle card.

@bluebird – I love your style. That penguin is so cute and I love the little hearts.

8 Likes

Lol gozer, I couldn’t decide what I wanted to do for “rainbow colors,” so that’s what I came up with.

1 Like

I found a copy of that pic and embellished it with ink and paint. That’s why I sent a bonus card because I felt guilty. Lol. Yours on the other hand was way more original! I loved it. You even nailed the shadowy onlookers. So good!

2 Likes

I received this beauty from @photojenn today for my “mixed media with a heart and a positive affirmation” theme. The ATC is on the right, and one of her earlier attempts is adorning the card she sent it in. I love them both!

In less-happy news, I received one of the “sorry we ate your mail” envelopes from USPS containing my card for @curiousfae. It got returned to me because the part with her address had a literal chunk out of it… which of course meant the ATC inside was ruined, too. :frowning: I will make a new one and hopefully get it in the mail Monday. Here’s a photo of the carnage. (I don’t want to post a picture of the poor, mangled ATC because I should be able to reproduce it and don’t want to spoil the surprise… though you can get a little peep at it there.)

13 Likes

Oh no, that’s so sad!! I hope you’re able to recreate the mangled ATC!

The heart cards are really beautiful!

2 Likes

Ooh, how frustrating!

2 Likes

I received this super cute whimsical tiger card from @pioneer9 today! I’ve been cracking up about the “rawr!” since I opened him :joy:

17 Likes

Oh man. There are some real gems in this gallery!
Life has gotten in the way, so I’ve missed commenting on a lot in the gallery, so I’m just going to go back a few posts.
@pioneer9 I LOVE that tiger and your penguins!!! Your art style makes me soooo happy.
@photojenn Those heart cards are amazing. The layering and texture you got are phenomenal.
@curiousfae Your watercolor game is on point. Let’s add watercolor to the things you need to teach me when we get together next. :wink:
@bluebird That little Letter P card is adorable! I love the chonky penguin and the layout/flow of the card is so great!

6 Likes