Ongoing ATC swap gallery/discussion for 2022

For me, adding a word/phrase/whatever makes the ATC feel more finished? Like it’s telling part of a story rather than being a snapshot from an anonymous story :sweat_smile: Ha, I don’t know how to explain. Just personal preference when I’m creating :woman_shrugging: I definitely enjoy both ATCs with and without words though :heart:

5 Likes

@endymion @gozer
The center of the first piece is a flower from a vinca or periwinkle vine that are getting too chaotic in my backyard. It is encased in UV resin. I’m so glad it made it there in one piece!

The background for the second is a romance novel that I helped my friend hollow out. She already had the book in hardcover and signed, I think, so it was ok to cut this one.

The background of the third is a series of circles that I like to create. They’re like my zentangle thing, but just circles. It’s a very thin piece of wood that I thought was ATC size when I purchased it forever ago and was disappointed that it wasn’t. I recently found it again and it evolved into this.

I like to mix the drawing and the collage when I make mine, but sometimes it’s just straight collage.

@Reinikka I just picked up two graphic novels from my friend’s library at her school that the kids had destroyed beyond repair for reading… but for crafting? There’s some great phrases in there that may be showing up in the future.

4 Likes

I’m kind of the same way. I think it’s just that I’m wordy by nature, so my inclination is to express myself that way even in my art. But I recognize it as my subjective approach and not theee way to make ATCs.

3 Likes

That is a real flower? Amazing! I’m even more impressed now.
The book page was an incredible match, as far as the text content being about flowers.
And the wooden one is so unique. Also love the little “rivets” in the corners of it.

1 Like

Thanks! The rivets were a trick I learned from a craftster member a long time ago where you use 3D paint. Sometimes it’s called puffy paint. It’s easy to get a textured effect rather than going through the whole embossing technique if you don’t need fine lines.

2 Likes

You placed those petals perfectly for the resin! Amazing and beautiful.

1 Like

That resin flower is so cool!

2 Likes

I received from curiousfae this ATC for my theme of a zentangle or doodle with orange elements. This is the kind of doodle she likes to create with her favorite colors. Looking at it it reminds me of the images I’ve seen of lava flowing into the ocean in Hawaii. The swirling of hot and cold together is mesmerizing.

Thank you, curiousfae!!

13 Likes

Wow, I love that!

2 Likes

That’s a dang cool card!

2 Likes

I just went to see what swaps are open and was like “oh cool! The May ATC swap!” and then I realized it is May 30. :joy: Well! Perhaps June is on my radar. Miss creating with all of you! :heart:

5 Likes

We would love to see you in June @fluffypants !

I got the most amazing card from @endymion this weekend. When I first opened it, I was super impressed with how sharp, clean and pretty it was. I was also happy that it was from the Craft this in your style thread. :green_heart: :green_heart: THEN I looked closer and saw that it was cut from paint samples! Oh. My. Goodness! It’s absolutely amazing!!! Look at how cool this card is!! I love how she kept the paint colors on it. Absolutely amazing!

15 Likes

Woah! That paint chip card is fantastic!!

1 Like

I thought the words were superimposed on the image, not actually on the card! I like that, it looks cool.

1 Like

June swap is up, come play!

2 Likes

I’m joining back in! Yippie!

2 Likes

Me too!

2 Likes

Me too!

Me too

From @endymion
Bright colors with a pop of metallic! One of my favorite doodles to do too.

10 Likes