Ongoing ATC swap gallery/discussion for 2022

I have received three ATCs!

The first is from @endymion for my doodle with orange elements theme. She said it reminded her of the 60s/70s and Peter Max. I can totally see it! I like the energy it has, very vibrant.

The next two are from @Bunny1kenobi.

This one is a mashup of my toad theme and my red right hand theme. It had the lyrics to the song by Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds on the back. He’s a plumper, that’s for sure!

This one is from my reverse mermaid theme (thanks @thanate for cleaning that quote up). That fin hair! Those plump lips! Those boots were made for walkin’!

Snazzy cards, ladies, thank you! It’s always fun to see what is created from a simple theme and what techniques are used, such as the background for the mermaid, the white outline of the toad, and that endymion used all Sharpies without bleeding lines.

I’m getting to a point where I need a binder… suggestions?

9 Likes

Yay!!! So glad you like them!

1 Like

There may be a better way, but I just use 3 ring binders with those 9 pocket per page trading card protector pages for binders. If you are unsure what they look like just google image search for “9 pocket trading card pages” and it will bring them up. :slight_smile: I like them because it easy to see both sides of the card and easy to rearrange as desired.

4 Likes

Happy birthday, Deanna!

1 Like

That’s what I use, too.

2 Likes

Thank you Carissa!! :heart:

1 Like

I received four wonderful ATCs today! So fun to have art surprises in my mailbox!

The first ones I opened were from @Lynx.
For my Favorite Childhood Toy theme, she immortalized her stuffed lion pillow with this bright and cheery ATC. I love it! Leo was handmade but she’s not sure who made it.

Isn’t Leo adorable? He’s done (I’m assuming) with colored markers

Next, two more from @Lynx. These are hand-lettered in gel ink. Bouncy and fun! The theme is Altered/Misheard Song Lyrics. She replaced the word “wonderful” with “wunderbar” (first card) and replaced the word “sunshine” with “soon-shine”(second card).
imageAren’t they so cool? I love the variety of lettering, as well as the chalkboard look.

Next, from @curiousfae, this stunningly realistic thistle, done in watercolor and ink.

It is so detailed, and totally gorgeous.

Thanks so much to both of you! Great additions to my collection!

14 Likes

@Bunny1kenobi, your reverse mermaid is fabulous!

1 Like

All of these are excellent, and that thistle is just gorgeous!

1 Like

I received a stunningly gorgeous vampire squid from @curiousfae and I coudn’t or wouldn’t have asked for a better start to my grammar police collection from @endymion.

Thank you ladies!

11 Likes

I received this beauty from @endymion today! He looks fabulous!

I love it!

12 Likes

Wow! Some excellent cards! I love the little toad gentleman, and the background paper is perfect for him! The Thistle is a stunner and I love that vampire squid!

1 Like

Received a wonderful ATC today from @Bunny1kenobi. She did my “Interesting People I’ve Likely Never Heard Of” theme.

This is her grandfather, who was a “Real Life Cowboy”. She says he broke horses, was a trick roper, and also was an ardent musician. Her ink and colored pencil drawing is based on an actual photo of him working with a colt.

Thanks Bunny! I love it, and feel honored that you shared your family history with me.

12 Likes

@endymion I’m so glad you like it!!

I remember wondering why his pants had such wide legs and then realized that he was likely wearing chaps.

I’ve heard lots of cool things about my grandpa and really loved spending time with him even though most of that time he was bedridden with MS and had lost the ability to speak. He passed when I was 14. The more stories I hear, the more remarkable I think he was. :heart:

3 Likes

I received from @Lynx for my Under the Bed theme:

Who else might be grousing under the bed but grumpy cat! Haha, I love it!

11 Likes

I so love that it’s a cat under the bed!

Recd!
From @GeekyBookworm
The girl with pink eyes.
She said she thought it looked more like a tomboy which is alright by me! Very big anime type eyes. I love it!

And from @irid3sc3nt
Tattoos
Love the hands. They are not easy and she nailed it! The tattoos are perfect. And the nails are such a cool color.

Thanks you two!

10 Likes

Came home from a few days out of town to this lovely rock-art card from @endymion:

12 Likes

Oooh, the tattooed hands are very cool, and I love the girl with pink eyes! Is that watercolor, @GeekyBookworm?

1 Like

Yes it is! There’s also maker and colored pencil for the skin.

1 Like