Ongoing ATC swap gallery/discussion for 2022

I was happy to find that I could still draw hands.

1 Like

Your hands look very realistic, @irid3sc3nt !

I received the most wonderful ATC from @chameleonhound for my Celtic Knot theme.

It’s hand-stitched on felt (with a card backing) and the stitching goes over and under itself, just like a Celtic knot should. It’s enchanting and kind of meditative to follow the stitching pattern with your eyes.

Thanks so much; I love it!

12 Likes

That’s really cool!

1 Like

Yes, I think so, too!

Just went to the mailbox and found two more, these from @bluebird.

First, for my Misheard Song Lyrics theme:
The song is “Chasing Pavements” by Adele. Gave me a giggle-the little penguins are very cute!

The other was for my Childhood Toy theme:

She says she remembers a particular Christmas when her family memorized how to solve a Rubik’s cube and would have cube races. Sounds like fun! I do have a Rubik’s cube in a box somewhere, myself.

Thanks, @bluebird! Lots of smiles today; I love the cards you sent!

14 Likes

How did you do the background for the rock card, @endymion ?

1 Like

I received from @Lynx for my adult merit badge theme!

8 Likes

That’s white spray ink, on black card. Masked off the figure, did a spritz or two of the white ink, and removed the mask after the ink dried. Hardest part was cutting out the figure. I used washi tape to mask it off, since I’m allergic to the paint-on masking fluid.

Cute merit badge!

I received some lovely ATCs today!

From @bluebird, this Ladybird in snazzy clothes

And from @curiousfae, a constellation and a bonus! The background of the virgo constellation is superb, and the mandala-ish pen drawing reminds me of plant cells under a microscope.

11 Likes

Wow, precise cutting of that washi tape! That’s a really cool effect with the white spray. I’m going to indefinitely borrow that. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

All of these are wonderful! The Ladybird is so well done and immaculately dressed, the watercolor constellation is beautiful, and I so want that doodle one!

2 Likes

Sorry, these are being posted so late. I got some amazing cards recently.
First, I got two from @Bunny1kenobi . A super cool ahuizotal. I had never heard of it and love your depiction of it! So cute!

Then a beautifully done version of Wednesday Addams! She used this in the Craft this in your style craft-a-long.

Then I got two cards from @irid3sc3nt . This fun card of a cat. I like the way the silver is outlined. I had pens that did that as a kid and it reminds me of those.

Then this Awesome Tinman card. I love metallics so that is perfect. I love the way she switched styles for the shirt. It adds a touch of quirkiness and coolness to the card. I love when images do that.

Thank you both so much!

14 Likes

So, a question for the group: It’s half-way through June and everyone is swapping happily; is this likely to keep up all summer?

I will be away from my computer for two weeks from the last couple days of July through the beginning of August, so while I can probably manage to update the end of a July round on my phone, I don’t think I’m up for trying to wrangle set-up and sign-ups and everything while on a theoretically internet-light vacation.

Would someone else like to step in and run a month (or two!) for the summer? Or should we just plan to have a month off for summer break? Thoughts & opinions welcome!

I would but I, too, am going to be away for a week at the end of July.

1 Like

Summer seems to be my best time for swapping now-a-days! I’ll be out of town for a week the end of June (arrive back July 3), but I’d be happy to run the swap for you July and August!

If no-one else would like to, or I do, I’d like to suggest we keep June running until say July 4-5 until I am back and can start a brand new thread for July.

But, if other’s would like to take a break, we can take a break, too.

2 Likes

I received this fun little guy from @Lynx!

That background is really cool!!!

7 Likes

I received it in a masterboard swap!

Super cute, and yes, that master board is great, too! (And perfect for the winter setting.)

Sounds good; thank you!-- I think a couple days break shouldn’t hurt anything, but I don’t object to closing June a tiny bit late if people are on a roll. :wink:

1 Like

I received this fun atc from @irid3sc3ent! It’s super cool!

Thanks so much!

10 Likes

That koala ATC is adorable!

And just to chime in, I’m just happy to be crafting ATCs again! I’d love to keep swapping through the summer but whatever works with timing for the swaps is 100% fine with me. (And I too have plans to be away in late July, which seems to be nearly a site-wide holiday, lol).

3 Likes