Ongoing ATC swap gallery/discussion for 2022

Aww what a great card! I love that theme!

1 Like

I got the very-vintage (maybe 1950s?) playing card quite a while ago, and the image has just always stuck in my mind. I figured if I did my own version, maybe I’d stop thinking about it. The trees in the original card are actually metallic gold, also an Abnormal Tree Color.

2 Likes

That little shriveled one with the X’d eyes had me chuckling.

2 Likes

I received a wonderful ATC from @Lynx for my “draw something in your kitchen” theme. I love it!
It is rendered in oil pastels. She says she has a sign in her kitchen like this; isn’t it funny? (Yes, “the ends” keep moving all the time!)

Thanks so much, @Lynx! I love the saturated, vivid colors and the lushness of the oil pastels, as well as the humorous message, of course.

10 Likes

sorry for the delay in posting here is my pretty rainbow cow from thanate! my son claimed it immediately and put it on his wall by the rainbow paper chain we made!

thank you ao much thanate

10 Likes

so these were all the same guy from an old guide book to jazz dancing! :joy: I found at the thrift store and some of the pictures were so funny.

1 Like

OMG he looks like a jazz dancer from the 1970’s!
:rofl:

That rainbow cow is awesome!

I received this fun atc from @endymion for my personified inanimate objects theme.

12 Likes

I also received from @endymion, this awesomely detailed and stipled blue sea dragon. It is a venomous slug with a powerful sting, and she had been thinking of me and the bad burn I gave myself last week.

Just perfect.

Thank you.

14 Likes

that slug is cool! i really love the sea floor you did. that must have taken forever! great detail.

1 Like

Wow, that sea slug!!!

And I got a couple of beauties from @endymion as well!

This dragonfly!

This alcohol ink background is swoon-worthy! And I love the metallic accents (hard to photograph but I tried)!

Plus for my “Theme from your own list” theme, she drew something she had crafted. This is a close up of a button hoop and I LOVE IT!

This is STUNNING- the details, the colors… plus I have a deep and undying love for buttons so this just gets me on so many levels!!

Thank you! They are gorgeous and will be treasured!

17 Likes

@endymion , that button card might be the single most awesome ATC I have ever seen, and I don’t say that lightly. WOW!

3 Likes

@endymion Those buttons are crazy good! I love them so much!!!

2 Likes

Thanks, guys! I got a bunch of colored pencils at an architect’s estate sale and I just had to figure out a project that used a lot of different colors. The buttons were perfect for that.

5 Likes

I adore the buttons and the dragonfly, but I have a complete weakness for nudibranchs! These are all so wonderful!

1 Like

@endymion these are fantastic!
I’ve never tried this swap, but am thinking I should give it a shot next month!
The commitment is for one ATC card per claim, right?
cc: @Lynx

5 Likes

Yep! Easy peasy!

1 Like

Yup, and you can claim once or often! I wound up only claiming once this month and it was fine!

2 Likes

Exactly-- it is very much a choose your own commitment swap, both in terms of how many claims you make, and how complicated your vision is for your cards. :green_heart:

1 Like

I received from @irid3sc3nt for my trivia theme:

It’s a Trivial Pursuit mover with a bunch of the pie pieces! (I know TP officially calls them “scoring wedges” or something, but TP can go jump off the mid-ocean ridge.)

Thanks, Carissa!

10 Likes