Ongoing ATC swap gallery/discussion for 2022

I received this hilarious ATC from @Lynx for my bearded lady theme. The little text reads, “You must have self respect, only then can you respect somebody.”. I love it. Thank you! Also, how is the purple applied?

10 Likes

I made that part a while ago, but I think just acrylic paint and a sponge.

I’m glad you like it!

2 Likes

I received a gorgeous start to my “secret to life” theme from @endymion along with a beautiful Dale Chihuly postcard that will go in my classroom (so fun to say!)

Thanks!

11 Likes

I received from endymion for my “Pinterest Inspired” theme…A gorgeous “Rain Clouds” ATC!!
I love the all the detail and movement! You probably can’t tell from the photo, but, it has a metallic/iridescent sheen in the sky.

(There is also some metallic gold color in the sky…it didn’t come out very well in the picture)

15 Likes

It’s really pretty much a copy of something I saw (and loved!) in your Pinterest. I tried to track down who the original artist was, but I couldn’t find that information.

That is lovely!

I need to do more little line doodle pictures… :grin:

1 Like

That is really fun. I love all the lines in it… it reminds me of a children’s reading schoolbook I have from the 1970s. Technically it’s back at my parent’s house… dang I should bring it out here. If I remember (which I probably won’t) I’ll get a pic next time I’m back in Iowa.

2 Likes

Beautiful! I have that one pinned on my art i like board too. :smiley: I think the artist is Laura Woermke: https://www.instagram.com/woermke/

If you scroll down her feed a bit, you can see some similar paintings.

2 Likes

YES that must be her work! Thanks for finding that information and sharing it.

1 Like

this is gorgeous!

1 Like

It reminds me of achildren’s book with an old woman and spaghetti (quick search and Strega Nona wasn’t what I was thinking), maybe since other children’s book style

Anyway, great job @endymion

1 Like

I got a gorgeous ATC from @WiccadWitch for my “sleeping animals” theme.

It looks like it is done with colored pencils…(?)
The detail is amazing! Thank you so much; I love it!

14 Likes

Awww… :blue_heart:

1 Like

There is some wonderful detail on there. It’s soooo cute! I love the little speckles on the head.

1 Like

this is gorgeous! I just made my first ATC for a personal swap, and I am in shock at how small these cards are! So the amt of detail on this is impressive :owl:
@WiccadWitch

2 Likes

Wonderful cards this month! (Well, last month too… You know what I mean! Lol). Going to finally join in the fun! :grinning:

4 Likes

Lovely owl! One of my favorite birds.

2 Likes

@juju, I’ve added you so you can play. Everyone else that has sent me pms since yesterday or claimed, I’ll update hopefully tomorrow, so no worries!

4 Likes

@Juju, I saw your princesses theme and thought of what I recently saw on Instagram, called Pocket Princesses. They’re created by Amy Mebberson who illustrates comics and designs toys among other things. They’re so cute… Merida is funny and I was seriously happy to see Vanellope von Schweetz. Love her.

3 Likes

And now I’m going down the Vanellope von Schweetz costume rabbit hole.

1 Like