Ongoing ATC Swap Gallery/discussion for 2023

Yes, you can feel the texture. I think it might be dots of white acrylic paint?

1 Like

Ooo fun! I’ve made raised areas on paper using 3D paint. Fun stuff, except when it burps out a bubble and your paint splatters.

1 Like

@bluebird is the ATC you received in the happy mail part of this swap? It was lovely!

Yay, so glad it got there ok.
I experimented with a white sharpie, white out pen, and gel pen (I think— I’m away right now & can’t verify)

3 Likes

No, it wasn’t part of the ongoing ATC swaps. It was just a lovely surprise in the happy mail craftalong. :slight_smile:

Here’s a link for anyone not watching the happy mail thread and would like to see it. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

September is up! Come join us!

I’ll be updating everyone today…we have a few more cards that need to reach their destinations and a few more cards due next week…thanks @thanate for letting me keep this open while you took a break! Welcome back! Let’s all play again in September!

4 Likes

Thank you for taking on the organizing for a month! :green_heart:

3 Likes

Even though it was not part of this swap, I wanted to show off the ATC @LindyBlues sent to me before she was able to join us in the ATC swaps!

She noticed that I like and collect insect ATCs, so she sent me one she had made. It also came with a lovely card and a special insects drawing by her young daughter! I put it in the frame above my computer so I can see it daily!

Thanks for swapping with me…and hope you will continue to swap the rest of the year!

I also received from @bluebird . It is a nod to my three black cats as well as Halloween! Lovely drawing and concept! My husband wants it, but it is going into my ATC binder that he can “borrow”. ha ha

Thanks for making us both smile…we do love our black cats!

12 Likes

I showed this to my 9-year-old daughter (who drew the insect pictures), and she went “awwwe… can you tell her thank you for me?”

So on behalf of my youngest daughter, thank you :heart:

It totally made her day to see her picture framed :slight_smile:

And yes, I intend on swapping year-round :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I covered her name for the picture, but I see it everyday! :heart:

The framed art was a gift from fellow Lettuce Crafters. It says “Be Filled with Joy”. One of my most treasured things…

3 Likes

@bluebird , so cute and Halloween-y !

1 Like

It’s been a busy few days here, but I finally have time to sit down and send in my Q for September. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I signed up for September, too.

3 Likes

From @LindyBlues

My moth theme.
She painted a sweet Luna moth that is 3D. She nailed the colors and the 3D effect is really cool!

Thank you! Great addition to my collection.

14 Likes

Interesting technique! I need to add moths to my list…they are so many cool ones…do you have a favorite, @curiousfae ?

2 Likes

The fuzzier the better! Like cuddly butterflies. :laughing:

4 Likes

I’m so glad you liked it :blush:

I had a lot of fun making this one :blush:

1 Like

I received two beautiful cards from @curiousfae! :slight_smile:

atcs

The one on the left is for my Zangarmarsh theme, which is a zone in World of Warcraft. It’s full of beautiful very large glowing mushrooms with a blue atmosphere and she’s captured it so well! :mushroom:

And the one of the right is for my overhead drone theme which is also beautifully done! :blue_car: :deciduous_tree:

I love them both, thank you! :slight_smile:

16 Likes

Such depth in both! Love the mushrooms…they do look out of this world!

2 Likes