Ongoing ATC swap, January 2022

I claim @endymion for Doors - Due Feb 1

2/1/0

Claims (total for the month): 2
Sent (in transit): 1
Received: 0
Outstanding: 1

Hello ATC swappers! I live in beautiful Washington state. I keep my cards in baseball card sleeves so please try to keep the bulk down. Please no X-rated nudity or curse words. And please nothing political or preachy religious :stuck_out_tongue: Otherwise have fun and feel free to interpret my themes in any way you like. :grin:

Themes:

• Artist choice (Iā€™m seriously easy peasy to appeasey)
  • Try something new to you
  • Use your fodder from and/or inspired by fodder school
  • Happy Mail, snail mail, letter writing, etc
  • Happy Mail Craftalong themes, pick one: Flamingo February, Mushroom March, April Showers, May Flowers, June to the Moon, Picnic in July, August High Tea, September Sunrise, October Recipe Exchange, Gnome-vember , Out With The Old in December, In With The New in January
  • Song lyrics (esp from musicals, David Bowie, Queen, ā€œoldiesā€, or something you love!)
  • Rain and/or autumn
  • Fake advertisements for fake products/events
  • Spoons/silverware/cutlery/etc
  • Found poetry
  • Coffee and/or coffee cups
  • Skunks
  • Jellyfish
  • Foxes
  • Fish (real/unreal/stylized/outline/fantasy/etc)
  • Things with wings (that donā€™t belong together)
  • Fairies with unusual wings
  • Fairies around the house
  • Red Riding Hood (traditional or altered)
  • Moomin
  • Classic Sci-Fi stories/themes (Iā€™m fascinated with how people in the past imagined the futureā€¦)
  • Nerdy
  • Literary quotes (esp Lord of the Rings, Cloud Atlas, H.G. Wells)
  • Inspired by famous works of art and/or artist styles, Some Pins of my Favs
  • Play with colors (one color, two colors, all the colorsā€¦ just have fun!)
  • Black, White, and Greyscale (no other colors)
  • Bodies of Water (esp rivers and lakes [esp esp the Metolius River])
  • Watercolor practice or painting :slight_smile:
  • Random fact/trivia
  • Postage stamps (real or made-up)
  • Central Oregon (especially Camp Sherman, Sisters, Redmond, High Desert Museum in Bend)

Thanks in advance :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

I claim @Reinikka for fish, due 2/1.
Claims (total for the month): 13
Sent (in transit): 11
Received: 8
Outstanding: 2

Iā€™m Laura in Washington State.

Here are some themes, in no particular order! Iā€™ve added more, many stolen from all of yours!!

• medieval manuscript style creatures (non-human, think bestiary) or lettering (Hereā€™s a handy search for some of the things Iā€™m talking about, but itā€™s not limited to just these)
  • PokĆ©mon (Iā€™ve started a collection and want just one of each PokĆ©mon; please check the list in the top post of my collection thread to see which ones are already taken!)
  • Animals (shoebill stork, moray eel, octopus, other weird sea creatures, giraffes, degusā€¦)
  • Animal Crossing (Boomer, Flick, Gulliver, Gullivarrā€¦)
  • Other video games (Persona 3, 4, or 5, Final Fantasy (esp. XIV), Stardew Valley, Civilization V, Mario Kartā€¦)
  • Seattle/Washington State
  • Interesting word definitions/words that are fun to say
  • crafting (sewing, crochetā€¦)
  • quotes from female authors (esp. Dorothy Sayers, Connie Willis)
  • Osaka, Japan
  • Renaissance England (Ren Faire type stuff)
  • Anthropomorphic animals in period/regional garb and/or doing something interesting
  • Board games (Code Names, Mysterium, Betrayal at House on the Hill, Dixit, Settlers of Catan, Carcassonne, Ticket to Ride, etc)
  • Dungeons and Dragons (current character is a female chaotic good satyr sorcerer in a fantasy setting, but more general D&D themes are good too!)
  • Mouse Guard (love the art of the books, and playing the game!)
  • Anthropomorphic animals dressed up as or doing tasks of different professions
  • Inspire me to try a new craft!
  • wizardā€™s study/library
  • interesting or fanciful homes/buildings (i.e. castles, Victorian houses, mushroom houses, other whimsical houses, haunted houses etc.)
  • cute robots
  • inspired by the traveling frog game Tabi Kaeru Click here for adorable images (can be really similar or just something with the same feel/atmosphere/idea)
  • altered vintage photographs
  • fake ads for fake products
  • multimedia including postage stamps or tickets
  • Discworld
  • cozy mysteries/whodunnits

Iā€™d prefer nothing gory, political, religious, or NSFW, no shedding glitter, and nothing bulky, as Iā€™ll be keeping my cards in a binder with plastic sleeve pages.

1 Like

I claim @roler for Interesting word definitions/words that are fun to say ā€¦ due 2/2

12/9/0

Iā€™m Cindy (formerly Homerof2) from Canada.

I donā€™t have a preference about thickness, just remember it costs more to send something bulky :smiley: Please keep everything family friendly, I want my grand daughters to see these.

Themes

Alphabet ATCs - (B, D, F and P already claimed) bonus if it features another one of my themes but not necessary.

Flamingos
Llama
Cute dinosaurs
The word Joy - in whatever style you want as long as I can read the word
Doodling
Bright, bright flowers
Quilt ā€¦ draw a quilt, sew a quilt or interpret it another way
Birds (no crows please)
Winnie the Pooh
Piglet
Eeyore
Mr Potatoe Head
Buttons
Sunflowers

3 Likes

I claim @Cindy for bright flowers, due 2/3.
Claims (total for the month): 14
Sent: 12
Received: 8

Here are some themes, in no particular order! Iā€™ve added more, many stolen from all of yours!!

• medieval manuscript style creatures (non-human, think bestiary) or lettering (Hereā€™s a handy search for some of the things Iā€™m talking about, but itā€™s not limited to just these)
  • PokĆ©mon (Iā€™ve started a collection and want just one of each PokĆ©mon; please check the list in the top post of my collection thread to see which ones are already taken!)
  • Animals (shoebill stork, moray eel, octopus, other weird sea creatures, giraffes, degusā€¦)
  • Other video games (Persona 3, 4, or 5, Final Fantasy (esp. XIV), Stardew Valley, Civilization V, Mario Kartā€¦)
  • Osaka, Japan
  • Anthropomorphic animals in period/regional garb and/or doing something interesting
  • Board games (Code Names, Mysterium, Betrayal at House on the Hill, Dixit, Settlers of Catan, Carcassonne, Ticket to Ride, etc)
  • Dungeons and Dragons (current character is a female chaotic good satyr sorcerer in a fantasy setting, but more general D&D themes are good too!)
  • interesting or fanciful homes/buildings (i.e. castles, Victorian houses, mushroom houses, other whimsical houses, haunted houses etc.)
  • cute robots
  • inspired by the traveling frog game Tabi Kaeru Click here for adorable images (can be really similar or just something with the same feel/atmosphere/idea)
  • Discworld

Iā€™d prefer nothing gory, political, religious, or NSFW, no shedding glitter, and nothing bulky, as Iā€™ll be keeping my cards in a binder with plastic sleeve pages.

3 Likes

I claim @roler for altered vintage photographs.
Due Feb 5.

Claims 10
Sent 9
Received 4

Iā€™m Pam, in Illinois/USA for the moment, enjoying my first month of ATC trading.

Allergic to latex, so no rubber bands, please.
Prefer no gory/creepy/bloody (vintage Halloween is ok) or NSFW. No shedding glitter, please - it makes DH go insane.

Theme ideas:

Artistā€™s choice
Self-portrait of you
Windows or doors
An image from one of your dreams (but nothing scary from nightmares, please)
Virtues/positive humankind (kindness, forgiveness/mercy, hope, friendship, love, courage, etc)
Animals (real or made-up; Iā€™m especially fond of rabbits, birds, and cats, but donā€™t have to stick to those)
Food (sweets OR fruits OR veggies, etc)
Contrast/dichotomy (for example sun/moon, inside/outside, high/low)
Quotes from classic literature (funny or bizarre or famous; anything is ok)
Optical Illusions or color theory
Fascinating people Iā€™ve likely never heard of before
Letterpress
Text
Botany/nature
Homage to specific artists or artistic styles
Mechanical/kinetic
Embroidery
Puzzles (jigsaw, word puzzles, etc)

2 Likes

I claim @endymion for TBD - Due Feb 5

3/1/0

Claims (total for the month): 3
Sent (in transit): 1
Received: 0

Hello ATC swappers! I live in beautiful Washington state. I keep my cards in baseball card sleeves so please try to keep the bulk down. Please no X-rated nudity or curse words. And please nothing political or preachy religious :stuck_out_tongue: Otherwise have fun and feel free to interpret my themes in any way you like. :grin:

Themes:

• Artist choice (Iā€™m seriously easy peasy to appeasey)
  • Try something new to you
  • Use your fodder from and/or inspired by fodder school
  • Happy Mail, snail mail, letter writing, etc
  • Happy Mail Craftalong themes, pick one: Flamingo February, Mushroom March, April Showers, May Flowers, June to the Moon, Picnic in July, August High Tea, September Sunrise, October Recipe Exchange, Gnome-vember, Out With The Old in December, In With The New in January
  • Song lyrics (esp from musicals, David Bowie, Queen, ā€œoldiesā€, or something you love!)
  • Rain and/or autumn
  • Fake advertisements for fake products/events
  • Spoons/silverware/cutlery/etc
  • Found poetry
  • Coffee and/or coffee cups
  • Skunks
  • Jellyfish
  • Foxes
  • Fish (real/unreal/stylized/outline/fantasy/etc)
  • Things with wings (that donā€™t belong together)
  • Fairies with unusual wings
  • Fairies around the house
  • Red Riding Hood (traditional or altered)
  • Moomin
  • Classic Sci-Fi stories/themes (Iā€™m fascinated with how people in the past imagined the futureā€¦)
  • Nerdy
  • Literary quotes (esp Lord of the Rings, Cloud Atlas, H.G. Wells)
  • Inspired by famous works of art and/or artist styles, Some Pins of my Favs
  • Play with colors (one color, two colors, all the colorsā€¦ just have fun!)
  • Black, White, and Greyscale (no other colors)
  • Bodies of Water (esp rivers and lakes [esp esp the Metolius River])
  • Watercolor practice or painting :slight_smile:
  • Random fact/trivia
  • Postage stamps (real or made-up)
  • Central Oregon (especially Camp Sherman, Sisters, Redmond, High Desert Museum in Bend)

Thanks in advance :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

I claim @Reinikka for Inspired by famous works of art and/or artist styles, Due Feb 5.
11/9/4

Iā€™m Pam, in Illinois/USA for the moment, enjoying my first month of ATC trading.

Prefer no gory/creepy/bloody (vintage Halloween is ok) or NSFW. No shedding glitter, please - it makes DH go insane.

Theme ideas:

Artistā€™s choice
Self-portrait of you
Windows or doors
Virtues/positive humankind (kindness, forgiveness/mercy, hope, friendship, love, courage, etc)
Animals (real or made-up; Iā€™m especially fond of rabbits, birds, and cats, but donā€™t have to stick to those)
Letterpress
Text
Botany/nature
Mechanical/kinetic
Embroidery

1 Like

I claim endymion for tbd

12 total claims ā€”ā€” 1 in progress claims, 3 in transit, 8 received

I live in the USA.

My preferences:
ā€” Hand drawn or hand painted are my very favorite (of all skill levels!), but please do feel free to do other styles.
ā€” Please no digital prints or printed reproductions of your work.
ā€” I prefer flat paper cards without 3d elements so I can store them in sleeves. If the theme you picked needs to be bulky (i.e. moveable cards) thatā€™s fine too.
ā€” I love glitter & shine, gold/silver leafing, metallic, glow in the dark etc.
ā€” I would prefer not to receive: creepy bugs (things like spiders, wasps, centipedes), clowns, political, nudity/pinups, curse words or blood/gore.

Thank you for claiming me!

Themes:

ā€¢ Botober ā€” Weird but fun prompts! Please write the prompt on the back so I will know what it is in the future.

ā€¢ https://artprompts.org/ - but nothing too creepy or gory please! Please write the prompt on the back so I will know what it is in the future.

ā€¢ Autumny scene
ā€¢ Pumpkins
ā€¢ pretty tea cups or coffee mugs
ā€¢ Put glitter on it! Either one detail or go crazy and do the entire card with glitter!
ā€¢ bird wearing a crown
ā€¢ ostentatious ā€“birds/cute animals/people wearing crazy/bejeweled fashion, jewelry or objects
ā€¢ a dragonā€™s hoard
ā€¢ a magpieā€™s hoard of shiny things and treasures
ā€¢ something that would go in a cabinet of curiosities
ā€¢ fly agaric mushroom in your style (realism, whimsical, papercut etc.)
ā€¢ Enchanted forest (sweet or dark)
ā€¢ potions shop
ā€¢ wizardā€™s study / library
ā€¢ secret compartments / secret passageways
ā€¢ interesting or fanciful homes/buildings (i.e. castles, Victorian houses, mushroom houses, other whimsical houses, haunted houses etc.)
ā€¢ cute robots (i.e. bird robots or a cute robot like the ones from Machinarium (game by amanita designs)
ā€¢ art done in the style of Mouseguard, World of Warcraft, Creaks (amanita designs), machinarium (amanita designs)
ā€¢ fantasy creature (i.e. dragons, jackelope, wolpertinger, phoenix, unicorns etc.)
ā€¢ cute creature/mouse/etc on a journey (i.e. something like a little mouse with backpack and walking stick walking in a strange world. Doesnā€™t have to be this exactly, but something that evokes the same kind of feeling.)
ā€¢ birds ā€” songbirds, chickens (girls not roosters), magpies, corvids, crows, ravens, eagles, hawks are favorites, but really any bird will be loved!
ā€¢ bionic or robot bird
ā€¢ chickens doing silly things or getting into trouble
ā€¢ Eggs ā€” birds eggs or dragon eggs or FabergĆ©
ā€¢ Harry Potter - themes: Potions, Ravenclaw, Gryffindor, Luna, Dumbledore, Snape, Hedwig, diadem, sword of Gryffindor, Fawkes, Always, deathly hallows etc.

1 Like

I claim bluebird for eggs, Due Feb 5.
12/9/4

Theme ideas:

Artistā€™s choice
Self-portrait of you
Windows or doors
Letterpress
Text
Botany/nature
Mechanical/kinetic
Embroidery

2 Likes

I claim @endymion for puzzles, due 2/5.
Claims (total for the month): 15
Sent: 12
Received: 9
Outstanding: 3

• Osaka, Japan
  • cute robots
  • Discworld

2 Likes

I claim @roler Due 2/6
6 total claims
5 sent
2 recd

Iā€™m Kelli from Michigan! Happy New Year!

Themes:
Artists choice
Rainbow colors
Rainy days
Folk tales
Birds
Frogs
Flowers
Hipsters
Anthropomorphic wildlife
Tarot
70ā€™s Saturday morning cartoons
Character from you favorite tv show
Lyrics
Springtime
Snark (swears and adult situations ok)
Sunrise or sunset
Galaxy or space
Historical/ancient landmarks
Mythological goddesses
State parks or national forests

2 Likes

I claim curiousfae for tbd

13 total claims ā€”ā€” 0 in progress claims, 4 in transit, 9 received

I live in the USA.

My preferences:
ā€” Hand drawn or hand painted are my very favorite (of all skill levels!), but please do feel free to do other styles.
ā€” Please no digital prints or printed reproductions of your work.
ā€” I prefer flat paper cards without 3d elements so I can store them in sleeves. If the theme you picked needs to be bulky (i.e. moveable cards) thatā€™s fine too.
ā€” I love glitter & shine, gold/silver leafing, metallic, glow in the dark etc.
ā€” I would prefer not to receive: creepy bugs (things like spiders, wasps, centipedes), clowns, political, nudity/pinups, curse words or blood/gore.

Themes:

ā€¢ Botober ā€” Weird but fun prompts! Please write the prompt on the back so I will know what it is in the future.

ā€¢ https://artprompts.org/ - but nothing too creepy or gory please! Please write the prompt on the back so I will know what it is in the future.

ā€¢ Autumny scene
ā€¢ Pumpkins
ā€¢ pretty tea cups or coffee mugs
ā€¢ Put glitter on it! Either one detail or go crazy and do the entire card with glitter!
ā€¢ bird wearing a crown
ā€¢ ostentatious ā€“birds/cute animals/people wearing crazy/bejeweled fashion, jewelry or objects
ā€¢ a dragonā€™s hoard
ā€¢ a magpieā€™s hoard of shiny things and treasures
ā€¢ something that would go in a cabinet of curiosities
ā€¢ fly agaric mushroom in your style (realism, whimsical, papercut etc.)
ā€¢ Enchanted forest (sweet or dark)
ā€¢ potions shop
ā€¢ wizardā€™s study / library
ā€¢ secret compartments / secret passageways
ā€¢ interesting or fanciful homes/buildings (i.e. castles, Victorian houses, mushroom houses, other whimsical houses, haunted houses etc.)
ā€¢ cute robots (i.e. bird robots or a cute robot like the ones from Machinarium (game by amanita designs)
ā€¢ art done in the style of Mouseguard, World of Warcraft, Creaks (amanita designs), machinarium (amanita designs)
ā€¢ fantasy creature (i.e. dragons, jackelope, wolpertinger, phoenix, unicorns etc.)
ā€¢ cute creature/mouse/etc on a journey (i.e. something like a little mouse with backpack and walking stick walking in a strange world. Doesnā€™t have to be this exactly, but something that evokes the same kind of feeling.)
ā€¢ birds ā€” songbirds, chickens (girls not roosters), magpies, corvids, crows, ravens, eagles, hawks are favorites, but really any bird will be loved!
ā€¢ bionic or robot bird
ā€¢ chickens doing silly things or getting into trouble
ā€¢ Eggs ā€” birds eggs or dragon eggs or FabergĆ©
ā€¢ Harry Potter - themes: Potions, Ravenclaw, Gryffindor, Luna, Dumbledore, Snape, Hedwig, diadem, sword of Gryffindor, Fawkes, Always, deathly hallows etc.

1 Like

I claim @bluebird tbd
Due 2/6
7 total claims
5 sent
2 recd

Themes:
Artists choice
Rainbow colors
Rainy days
Folk tales
Birds
Frogs
Flowers
Hipsters
Anthropomorphic wildlife
Tarot
Character from you favorite tv show
Lyrics
Springtime
Snark (swears and adult situations ok)
Sunrise or sunset
Galaxy or space
Historical/ancient landmarks
Mythological goddesses
State parks or national forests

3 Likes

I claim @curiousfae for tbd due 2/6
8/6/4

Iā€™m Jenn from Illinois in the USA.

I prefer flat, paper cards. I especially love hand drawn or painted. I love things that are colorful. No politics, religion, or gore. My themes are heavily lifted from Kwality570ā€™s but I really would love anything youā€™d like to make!

Here are my themes

• Artists choice
  • Watercolor landscapes
  • Cats
  • Robots
  • Rainbows, color wheels, etc
  • Crafting - painting/mixed media, crochet, weaving
  • Whimsical animals/birds
  • Cute/whimsical monsters

New themes added

• Trees
  • Winter
  • Plants / succulents
  • Houses
  • Flowers
1 Like

I claim photojenn for tbd, due 2/6

9/8/2

Hi! Iā€™m Ann, currently in Maryland. I prefer kid-safe (creepy/nature is fine, profanity/R-rated not) & no unsealed microplastics, but otherwise have fun! :slight_smile:

Themes for me:

*draw me a map of:
-someplace real that you love or miss
-someplace that doesnā€™t exist
-something thatā€™s not a place

*something youā€™d include in a spell book
*good potion ingredients
*things Baba Yaga would keep on her shelf

*things painted or carved on stone (cave art, runestones, garden rocks, etc)

*Little Good Things (something that makes you happy!)

*anything from one of my previous lists

Themes for my kid: (favorite colors pink, gold, red, teal)

*anything Legend of Zelda, especially BtoW
*cute animals
*flowers, herbs, or magical properties of plants

2 Likes

I claim Thanate for a map of sorts due 2/7/22.
Claimed 6
Sent 5
Received 4

Iā€™m Leann from Michigan in the USA.

I would only like to receive flat, paper cards so I can add them to the sleeves in my binder along with the rest of my treasured cards from previous rounds. I especially love hand drawn or painted, but anything goes as long as it is created with love and care! No gore, politics, or religion please.

Here are my themes:

A colorful, bright, and cheerful ā€œ2022ā€ of some sort - Iā€™m hoping for a better year this year!
Watercolor landscapes
Cute monsters
People with flowing hair
Night sky
Unicorns
Animals wearing human clothes or drinking coffee or tea
Robots
Tiny houses
Colorful made up beetle type bugs
Dinosaurs (especially dinosaurs in space)
Woodland/Enchanted Forest
Rainbows
Fruit with kawaii faces
Stormy Skies (maybe with a colorful kite?)
Letterkenny
Gilmore Girls
Cephalopods
Colorful fish
Sheep
Knit or crochet

1 Like

I claim Kwality570 for stormy skies (due 2/7)

9/8/3

Hi! I live in NJ, USA. I have a huge ATC collection that Iā€™m always looking to add to. Please no overtly religious or political cards. Also I store my cards in baseball card sleeves in a binder, so no movable (i.e. ones that open or pop-up) or overly bulky cards, please.I am glitter averse (though glittery/ shimmery ink is always fun!).

*Themes Iā€™m collecting in all mediums, so do whatever youā€™re best at (hand drawn, mixed media, stamped, collage, digital, whatever):

-Australia
-Canada
-England/ UK
-mixed media with a heart and a positive affirmation (nothing valentines-y, please)
-quilting or sewing
-bees
-the TV show Miss Fisherā€™s Murder Mysteries
-the TV show Pushing Daisies
-the Canadian TV show X Company
-the TV show Justified , particularly the characters Tim and Raylan
-the British TV show Brassic

*Themes Iā€™d prefer hand drawn cards for:

-llama
-moose
-bear
-frog
-a whimsical fairy
-a whimsical monster
-Henry Foss from the TV show Sanctuary
-Detective Watts from the TV show Murdoch Mysteries
-The Hunger Games (prefer your own version of the characters/ scenes based on the books, rather than based on the movie actors)
-any character from Umbrella Academy (the Netflix series, not the comic book version)
-any character from the TV show The Office (US version-- so far I have Michael and Dwight)

2 Likes

I claim @pioneer9 for Miss Fisher Murder Mysteries. Due Feb 9.
Claims 13
Sent 11
Receivers posted 6

Theme ideas:

Artistā€™s choice
Self-portrait of you
Windows or doors
Letterpress
Text
Botany/nature
Mechanical/kinetic
Celebrating embroidery, crochet, or tinkering

2 Likes

Hello! My name is Becca and I live in VA. I prefer hand-drawn or painted cards of every level. All I ask is that you put forth a good effort.

I claim @endymion forā€¦ Animal
Due 2/9
Claim 8
Sent 5
Recā€™d 5

Hello! I am Becca from VA. I would prefer hand-drawn cards. All levels of talent are great, all I ask is that you put in effort!

Themes:
Fisher-Price vintage Little People doing bad, inappropriate, or funny things
Bobā€™s Burgers (Louise is my favorite)
Cats
Star Wars (classic)
Portraits
Whatever you feel you are best at drawing
Animals reading
dinosaurs
cute or universal monsters
Cute Peglegged Yetiā€™s (my cat is names Yeti Pegleg)

2 Likes

I claim @gozer tbd
Due 2/8
8 total claims
3 outstanding
5 sent
4 recd

Themes:
Artists choice
Rainbow colors
Rainy days
Folk tales
Birds
Frogs
Flowers
Hipsters
Anthropomorphic wildlife
Tarot