Ongoing Christmas Ornament Swap Discussion and Gallery

Oh this sounds fun!!!

1 Like

Yay! Let’s go another couple weeks or so then start sign ups!

6 Likes

It’s almost time!

5 Likes

I definitely want to jump in this year!

6 Likes

Ha ha! So i always thought i packed away my christmas crafting supplies in a certain bin in a certain closet. But today while cleaning out my bedroom, I randomly found the christmas craft supplies in a different bin! :grin: Whew - I doubt I would have looked there when I didn’t find them in the closet, so I’m glad I am now accidentally ready for the swap! Woo!

7 Likes

The swap is OPEN!

I’ve changed our interest thread to discussion and gallery, so that may explain anything that doesn’t seem to follow conversation wise. He.

Here’s a link to our claim thread!

5 Likes

Yay! Can’t wait to start!

2 Likes

I’m in! Sent my sign up sheet!:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I need to work on my questionnaire! Just finished items for the Halloween Grabbag so I’ll have room for this one.

3 Likes

Sent in my request to join!

1 Like

I know you are all excited, but I will add all sign ups tonight. I’m sorry you have to wait longer, but you can start thinking of themes and posting possible lists in the thread while you wait.

4 Likes

Just sent my q!

2 Likes

It’s ok, it isn’t even October yet. :wink:

3 Likes

No problemo! As @Camelama said, " it’s not even October yet." So no worries! :hugs:

1 Like

@Lynx

If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES

If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES

I have a concern with these 2 requirements. We discussed that ornaments could be flat and sent in envelopes. I plan to use stamps I have so won’t have a receipt and is it really expected US participants get delivery confirmation for an envelope?

1 Like

An envelope is fine like with paper crafts. You just need to resend if it goes missing. I just copied and pasted from last year’s Q. Sorry for the confusion.

5 Likes

Hey all, before we get too busy, please remember to put your due by date (2 weeks directly below claim date on calendar) as well as your claims total.

Today’s claims are due Oct 13.

Thanks

7 Likes

My first ornament is DONE! Woohoo! I’m super happy with it. I’m waiting for an address on another swap so hoping to send Saturday or Monday.

5 Likes

I signed up too! Life will get hectic for me from mid-October so I’ll probably only be able to craft one ornament. I’ve never participated in a swap like this because the short crafting period scared me but an ornament doesn’t take much time and I have no weekend plans yet.

7 Likes

Before anyone makes any new claims, please go back and check your claims and make sure you have added:

1. The due by date (This is very important! I use it when I add them to the spreadsheet and the list.)
  2. Total Claims/Sent Claims/Received Tally — your 0/0/0

Also, I know everyone is excited, but please refrain from making claims until you are officially added to the swap. This is part of the rules of swapping. I will add new participants in the PM when I get home from work each night.

Thanks!

6 Likes