Ongoing Ornament Swap 2020 Discussion and Gallery

What a great idea!

I am working on some ornaments but want to make them flatter so I can ship them regular mail…I know I have some _____ somewhere…then I remembered that I put all my supplies on an excel spreadsheet, so I found them! I can’t believe it…FINALLY…I have been hoarding them for decades and now can use them! ha ha

4 Likes

I’m hoping my letter rate to @tapestry arrives soon! So stressful!

Sent to @marionberries today! Now I just need to finish the one for @curiousfae… Fun, fun, fun!

Brilliant idea!

1 Like

I received from our intrepid organizer @Lynx today. For my pinterest surprise she picked CETUS (whale constellation)! I’m in love with him! He’s on the fridge with all of my other cool ornies, waiting for a tree. Thanks again Laura!

14 Likes

Wow! I saw that on your Pinterest. @Lynx did a great job with it; it looks fabulous!

2 Likes

Thanks! I saw it on your Pinterest and knew I needed to make it. I love the placement of the star.

1 Like

That’s fantastic! Really well done and such a cool design!

1 Like

That is a beautiful whale! It is almost as if it is keeping the star afloat with is spout.

3 Likes

Ooh, I love how the constellation is layered on top. Nice job @Lynx!

2 Likes

I check the mailbox filled with hope every day. Even Sunday! But sometimes mail is slow. I’m sure it’ll get here.

2 Likes

Yeah, I sent one to you eight days ago! Getting so antsy for it to arrive!

2 Likes

I sent mine about the same amount of time ago! Maybe they will arrive the same day for extra happy mail!

1 Like

You can make your own fun celestial whale (and more) by visiting the “littledear” Etsy shop for Constellation Animals Sewing Pattern.

3 Likes

Yeah, her patterns are super cute! Your execution did it justice! :smiley:

1 Like

If you subscribe to littledear’s free email list, she sends out coupons for $5 off on Etsy.

3 Likes

Oh thanks for the reminder! I think I got a message about that!

1 Like

The postal service says that @Riechan’s has been delivered… eek! I hope she likes it.

Still working on the retro ornament for @curiousfae… I started a couple different versions, but have had a new idea that seems better, so plan to work on that instead. It involves a new material I’ve never used before… We’ll see how it goes!

2 Likes

Crafting fail yesterday, so onward to the back up plans! :wink: