Ongoing Ornament Swap 2020 Discussion and Gallery

I just finished two ornaments. Now to package up and get to the mail box. OOO I better make sure I have addresses!

4 Likes

Tested out my pattern ideas and discovered that they would only fit on Hagrid’s trees. :blush:
Working on reducing.
Although I guess one would make a good decoration for the front door.

4 Likes

Hahaha! I think I may be having the same problem… How big should a Christmas ornament be?

3 Likes

I mailed one today that was close to the due date wire and made great progress on @AuFish’s ornament for her son!

3 Likes

I always shoot for 3-4" wide by up to 6" tall, as maximum dimensions, but seldom does the silly thing cooperate! I just had one that kept wanting to be mug rug instead of an ornament. I finally wrestled it in to submission.

3 Likes

Ideally I try to keep them around 3x3" but they do tend to grow sometimes :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

The max I try to maintain is 4”x4” when it comes to ball shaped ornaments. In general, I’ve figured 4” tall to be a pretty good size. I was originally planning on doing a 4” T-Rex for @AuFish until I realized that it would be 4” tall, but 8” wide thanks to the tail :open_mouth:.

I just chose to do another 2020 themed ornament, so that makes two 2020 ornaments to be made. I’m going to do the same ornament for @Lynx and @Whistlefish since they both requested ‘snarky 2020.’ I’m ready to get started as soon as I get a little bit of time!

There was happy dancing in the parking lot.
I picked up the mail on the way to run errands , so checked it at my first stop. :smiley:

My gaming ornament from @roler arrived!

Kirby is a favorite of the whole family. In fact the ending dance is my text tone. @roler said that this is her first crocheted ornament. She did a great job!

7 Likes

How cute! You did a great job on him @roler! I’d never guess it to be your first crocheted ornament!

3 Likes

He turned out so cute!

1 Like

Great job! He’s adorable!

1 Like

Sorry I flubbed up the claims! I didn’t realize it and got carried away. Thanks for the heads up and the fix @Lynx.

1 Like

No worries! No harm no foul!

Kirby is adorable!

1 Like

Thanks all! I decided to try to mix things up a bit and make something other than felt! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I love Kirby too so he was a fun character to work with. XD

3 Likes

You guys!! As long as my claims list is correct (if I need to make a change, let me know), we have now made 93 ornament claims!

Our trees will be trimmed!

8 Likes

I recieved an adorable ornament today from @lifeinpigtails! Hopefully this is the only Covid virus that makes its way into our house.

Thank you!

8 Likes

That is so awesome!!!

Omg it’s adorable. Now I kinda want a little covid ornament (but no actual covid, please)!

5 Likes

Who knew a virus could be so cute!?

5 Likes

What a cute little virus!

3 Likes