Operation Use Up Yarn: Black and White Clutch

I finally had some crafting time, so I chose some of my smaller yarn balls and made up this pretty clutch for my STS shop!

20210417_214712_resize_26

I started crocheting with a style plan, but hadn’t decided if I wanted to mess with lining or a zipper. When I used up the black cotton before finishing my plan, I switched gears and used the white I was using to double strand and used it for the front and chose to fold it into a clutch style instead of pouch style.

The back is mostly black:
20210417_214725_resize_68

I decided to close it with a button instead of a zipper or snap and found this vintage style one that is just perfect.

Thanks for looking!

14 Likes

Go you! You’re really moving through that yarn, it’s inspiring! This clutch came out great and I love how you adjusted for the yarn you had on-hand.

1 Like

If you don’t line it, it will expand and hold a lot of stuff! Looks to be a good size to do that but also small enough to carry comfortably…love the black and white!

1 Like

Nice job! Love the colors

1 Like

You are rocking the stash-busting! And you’ve inspired me to stash bust too. I’ve managed to use 13 skeins of stash yarn on a not-quite-done afghan. I needed to order 2 more skeins to finish it off, but I am counting it as a win. Thanks for the joyful inspiration!

1 Like

It’s cute. I like the colors and the button you used. Pretty.

1 Like