Operation Use Up Yarn- Mommy and Baby Turtle

I’ve had the book “The Big Book of Little Amigurumi” by Ana Paula Rimoli in my stash for ages, so I decided to make her mommy and baby turtle next in my Operation Use Up Yarn! In her pattern, you can stuff turtles and turtle eggs under mom’s shell, but I decided to stuff it closed instead.

Since I don’t have safety eyes anymore and don’t want to buy them, I used a snap and felt for mom’s eyes and a seed bead and some felt for baby’s eyes.

I took them to our creek for our photo op, and then @geekybookworm immediately claimed the baby for her own!

25 Likes

Sweet! good job on the eyes, working with what you have, they look awesome (the eyes and the turtles).

2 Likes

They are adorable!!! The baby turtle more so and mine!!! :smirk::joy:

2 Likes

Cute!

2 Likes

What a sweet pair!

2 Likes

Extremely adorable!!

2 Likes

Awww, so cute!

2 Likes

Awe, you need to keep mama and baby together! These are adorable. Great idea with for the eyes. It’s not really using up stash if you’re out buying more supplies.

3 Likes

These are awesome!

1 Like

Look at that sweetness!

2 Likes

So dang cute!

2 Likes

I named the baby turtle, Gary. Gary the Baby Turtle. The baby is sooo cute!!!

2 Likes

Awwww! They are so cute!

2 Likes

So adorable, especially Gary. It was fun to watch you work on them during the zoom get together and now see them finished.

2 Likes

They are so cute! You eye soluion is genius, the snaps look perfect!

2 Likes

Look who showed up at my house!!! Awww, thanks @Lynx! I plan on making some more sea creatures to live in our sea themed guest room!

3 Likes

The turtle is very cute!!