Operation Use Up Yarn - Short Vertical Filet Scarf

I think this is going to be my last Operation Use Up Yarn project for a week or two. My shoulder/neck is having pain, and I am going to see if stopping my non-stop crochet projects will help! But, before then, I am sharing this fun vertical filet scarf! This used up 3 balls of various sizes of sock weight black/grey blended yarns I had inherited from my grandma. In an effort to use the yarn up faster and to make it thicker, I crocheted strands from 2 balls at the same time. This scarf is much shorter than my previous scarfs and only measures about 46" long and has a pretty wide 7" width (this is after decreasing the suggested starting number of chains from the pattern.)

I really like the pattern. I find it very handsome and since it just repeats, it is a mindless activity to work on. While I have been trying to also find different crochet patterns for my operation, I have a feeling I will circle back to this one!

Thanks for looking!

17 Likes

The colors are very pretty mixed together and the pattern just helps. Well done!!!

2 Likes

Really nice! It looks soft and comfy. Not to mention the pattern is very versatile.

1 Like

Ooh nice! Very wearable too. Hope you are looking after yourself!!

1 Like

Very pretty!

1 Like

Very nice! I love that yarn. Hereโ€™s hoping you feel better soon!

1 Like

This is a very handsome scarf! A nice balance with delicate looking stitch and the classic, neutral greys.

1 Like

Looks very nice. That stitch is wonderful.

1 Like