Otis Brings Home the Tree

I cut the hook off of two Vintage Truck Ornaments from Alpha Stamps, and using a Truck Bed Bagatelle Box, made a Christmas truck. No one can say that Otis doesn’t have the Christmas spirit! He decorated his truck up big time for the season and has gone out and found the perfect Christmas tree.

I’m not one to decorate my car in real life, but I enjoyed decorating this car with Otis. He’s a fun loving snowman that enjoys peppermint candy and snow, and the hubcaps and the garlands on his car reflect that. Even the door handles look like candy canes! The Hello Christmas Polymer Clay Slice Mix contains lots of fun shapes, including peppermints, snowflakes, and snowmen, all of which I used to decorate the car.
The front of his car features a wooden bumper and a bright silver snowflake; flat backed crystals made the perfect headlights. The Santa hat is made with red felt and a cotton ball.
I think my favorite part of the car is the back view, from the “ho ho ho!” license plate to the glittery bow on the tree, to the “family stickers”. Looks like Otis has a wife and child at home eagerly awaiting this tree. The snowmen are polymer clay, and came in a bag of “Hello Christmas” slices, which included the little snowflakes and peppermint candies also used on the car. To make the snowman kiddo, I used an x-acto knife to make his hat a little smaller, trim his sides up a little, and make him shorter.
'Tis the season. Happy holidays!

19 Likes

awwww, that’s the cutest!

I :heart: OTIS! This is both adorable and hilarious! Also inspiring. Hmmmmmm.

So stinkin’ cute!!

I LOVE that you took a flat piece and made an amazing 3D piece from it!

Oh my goodness! So adorable!

The peppermint hubcaps crack me up! This is adorable! Great pics too.

This is so cute!

This is so gosh darn adorable!

I love all the details on this, and the family stickers made me smile!

Adorbs. Totally and completely.