Our gardening Valentines

My kids are homeschooled, and the Valentine roller skating party with the local homeschooling group is one of our favorite events. This year, we decided that our “cards” would be wildflower packets instead of candy or plastic trinkets. We researched our area and bought a bulk mix of native plants and some colorful seed envelopes - pro tip: find ones that are self-sealing that you don’t have to lick! Then I designed our label in my Silhouette software. I use that software for everything, not just cutting! I printed them on 2x4 labels. My youngest was the only one actually enthusiastic about this project, and he helped measure seeds and fill & close the envelopes. Next, we added an animal sticker with cute heart-shaped paper clips. Last picture is all the valentines ready to go. Alas, I’m not sure my two oldest will even participate. They both declined to make a mailbox this year. The joys of kiddos growing up! :sob:

18 Likes

I love this idea! So well executed, too.

2 Likes

What awesome valentines! Super great idea. How fun to plant a seed and watch it grow.

1 Like

Those are so cute & much nicer than candy, I love the idea.

1 Like

What a fun idea! Your labels look good and are perfect for the rainbowed variety of envelopes. I love the non-candy aspect of these Valentines!

(I love the Silhouette software and I use mine for everything too!)

1 Like

Clever idea!

1 Like

A great idea to make something that can be used and enjoyed for a whole season, not just a minute. And adorable to boot!

1 Like

What a beautiful idea to fill the world with more flowers! And most kids (well, the young ones who maybe aren’t as jaded yet) love to plant things and watch them grow. Hope the party was tons of fun!

2 Likes

What a lovely idea. They look amazing. I hope they two oldest get jealous. :wink:

1 Like

These are great! Seeds for spring and a sticker for now!

1 Like

I do like this idea!

1 Like

Way to “spread” the love, on and on.

1 Like