Out of print ? Pattern

When I was traveling home on the train a few months ago, I saw someone knitting, I had been crocheting but was resting my eyes.

The train was stopped for a while and the lady hadn’t heard why do I told her, then asked what she was knitting…

It’s a long shot but as she could only find a version of this online, I was wondering if anyone had a copy they were willing to sell / share because I really like it.

I can’t work well from an online pattern and usually have to write them out, but before I go to those lengths I thought I’d check with the masters of resources

7 Likes

Is it this one? Ravelry: Leaf Pattern Gilet ("New Leaf") pattern by Sirdar

If it’s this one, it was published in Simply Knitting in April 2010. I can’t promise anything, but there might be a chance that I own that one. Right now all of my stuff is still boxed up, but that was my last term at uni, and when I was at uni there was a great international bookshop on campus that stocked Simply Knitting and I actually discovered that magazine during my time there. I didn’t buy it every month, because it was expensive for a student.

ETA: this is the cover: Ravelry: Simply Knitting 65, April 2010 - patterns and I definitely have that one. I knitted that pink purse on the cover.

7 Likes

Man, I love this group. :green_heart:

3 Likes

Me too!
And what a gorgeous knit, wow.

1 Like

I think potentially that magazine came with that shawl pin as a free gift, at least, I vaguely remember having a pin a bit like that in my stash, and I sent it to someone in a swap on in the old place.

1 Like

Yes that looks like the one!!

1 Like

I’ll send you the pattern when I find it!

I still can’t believe the coincidence! I could afford one magazine each month, and I liked tons of craft magazines. I’ve got probably less than a dozen issues of Simply Knitting all together.

4 Likes

If you can’t wait… :blush:

Free pattern

3 Likes

It’s always good to ask the crafters what they have in stash first!!

It was funny because I was watching the lady knit but had the train not stopped and she missed the announcement I would never have asked what she was knitting.

4 Likes

If I see anyone knitting or crocheting in public, I always ask! Most people are eager to share their passion for yarn and I know that I like it when someone asks me…it is a nice way to have a casual talk with complete strangers!

3 Likes

Remember @rovinganarchist used to carry learner’s kits around & would do quicky instructionals on the subway when people asked about what she was knitting? What a radical craft action, I loved that.

6 Likes

I do remember that! She collected knitting needles and yarn just for that!

2 Likes