Owl zipper pouch

I’m pretty excited how this little pouch turned out. It’s my first time making a pouch, using fusible interfacing, and putting in a zipper! The edge of the zipper is a little closer than I’d like but overall I’m really happy with how it turned out!

ETA some project details - owl and pink fabrics were stash from previous quilt projects, the turquoise fabric is duck canvas, and I used SF101 interfacing for the quilting cottons. Pattern is The Essential Pouch and the zipper is from Zipit Zippers .

17 Likes

Looks pretty near perfect!

Cute choice of fabrics…

I also like how you did the zipper with a tab…looks so professional…

But, you know what? You are now hooked and will be making many more… :smiley:

2 Likes

Wonderful! I would never have guessed this was your first attempt.

Love the fabric choices and the contrasting bottom of the bag

2 Likes

Look at you and your zippy pouch! Loving it!

3 Likes

Great color choices, and I wouldn’t have any idea about the zipper!

2 Likes

Really cute!

2 Likes

This is awesome! Great zipper! Once you realize they aren’t so hard, it’s time to add zips to everything!

3 Likes

This is really cute, I love your fabric choices.

2 Likes

I love this fabric - and kudos for using so many new to you things! It looks great!

3 Likes

Great pouch … the owl fabric :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Oh I’m defiantly hooked! :laughing:

My goal is to make a purse for myself with some of my handwoven fabric. I figured I should probably start small first. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That would be awesome…but I just can’t imagine if I had to cut into that gorgeous fabric…save all the scraps!!! :smiley:

2 Likes

Great job, it looks very neat!

2 Likes

This is adorable!

That looks great! Cute fabrics, of course, but also very nice stitching. I always have trouble with the edge stitching beside the zipper. You did good!

1 Like