OWS Round 1 (August) Discussion and Gallery

I’m so excited!! Look what arrived today :grinning:

@Fonduie sent me a gorgeous Etsy pattern from my wishlist for this swap, and also this wonderful book which I can’t wait to read and stickers from one of my favourite cities in the world :earth_americas: I will definitely be including them in my travel journal :slight_smile:

Thank you so much Fonduie :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Lovely things! lucky you :grinning:

1 Like

Oh! Nice! I have the Death by Tea in that series. Fonduie gave it to me.

2 Likes

Hey, I got a package from @Annchen!

Super cute yarn cross-over pouches (one for me & one for my kid) with little treasures in them— mine has rock stamps! I’m super excited to try them!— plus some tea. :green_heart::coffee:

5 Likes

I’m glad the package got there all right! Those pouches where so much fun to make.

1 Like

The little cat cross stitch is just so cute…so glad the mail made it…I keep crossing fingers whenever I send anything out these days… :roll_eyes:

I also love those little crochet pouches…such pretty designs on them.

1 Like

I’m so lucky!
My swap package from @Annchen finally arrived :grinning:
Please take a look at these wonderful handmade stamps everyone :hugs: I can’t wait to use them!
I also can’t wait to try the teas.
Thank you so much Annchen xx

5 Likes

Wohoo! I’m glad it finally got there. I had forgotten about the origami birds and critters I made for you… It’ll be interesting to see when the other package shows up. Hopefully it’ll take a quicker boat there :smiley:

The dalecarlian horse is mostly carved during a Lettucecraft Zoom meeting when we both attended.

2 Likes

What lovely little packages from Annchen! I love the awesome variety you provided and your hand-carved stamps look amazing!

@Annchen What is the material you used to carve the stamp? I have the Speedball pink stuff, but I like that white.

It’s called softcut and is a softer alternative to linoleum for linoleum prints. However, it’s much harder than pretty much everything else I’ve tried so probably harder than pink stuff. It gives a very nice and durable stamp, but cutting a pattern in it with a knife instead of carving tools is not going to happen, heh…

Ah, okay. A while back I had carved lino somehow thinking it would transfer with stamps. How wrong I was. It’s good to see that there is an alternative out there. I usually end up with fiddly bits in my designs, so it’s better for me to use the softer kind.

And in a much speedier fashion I received my replacement swap package from @Annchen
Since my package seemed to have gotten lost, Annchen kindly agreed to make me another… and then it arrived :grimacing: shortly followed by the replacement :see_no_evil: hopefully this means that international mail is slowly on the mend :crossed_fingers:t2:

I received another Dala Horse stamp and also a gorgeous bee that I plan to use on a gardening prayer flag for myself :hugs: I also love the space shuttle postcard!

Thank you Annchen! xx

2 Likes

I had so much fun with that bee! It took a while to decide what to do for a second stamp since I knew I couldn’t recreate the original there.

The horses are slightly different, both since it’s tricky to carve the same thing twice and since I hoped the first one would also get there.

And When I found the space shuttle post card in my card stash I knew I had to include that one too!

It was fun to craft for you twice!

1 Like

I’m looking forward to when I can repay you in the future x

I can’t post my gift from AIMR just yet… She sent me an etsy giftcard when the mail ate the package she sent.

I finally decided what to use this on, and I’ve ordered some lovely merino/silk/yak fingering yarn in a colorway called Dragonfly flying too high from this shop:

With discount + giftcard it wasn’t that much left to pay and I’m excited to make something for me.

I’ll show it off once it gets here :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Can’t wait to see what you make! Those are some seriously gorgeous colors in her shop!

I also just purchased some lovely cashmere fingering yarn and can’t wait to make a cowl for myself!

It’s super pretty in person too! Now to decide what to make.

4 Likes

I love that color…so rich and vibrant! I would make a pretty shawl or a very nice cabled cowl…something to show off the stitches!

Round 3 is open for anyone who wants to join in the fun!

1 Like