Oyster & Orca the cats Artwork

I think we all know how it is when you get a new medium or supply that you like, you kind of go crazy with it for a bit. :crazy_face:
I found and LOVE the unfinished cradle boards I got from Amazon. I think it takes my drawings on paper and adds a whole new dimension that makes them more professional looking.
I did this for the make a pouch and fill it swap. It was small, I think it was 6x6 if I am remembering correctly. My partner and I, @Camelama, talked a bunch about our cats and she shared some beautiful images of her, Orca & Oyster. I was so thrilled to find someone as obsessed with their cats as I am mine. LOL!
They were so irresistibly cute, I had to honor them in art.
Two Kitties

The above image is the one she took for the swap. I had to use it because I forgot to get good ones.
Mine do show the cradleboard a little bit though.

The mod-podge isn’t dry on my pics so it still has some white streaks on the side. Ignore that. It dried clear. :rofl:

19 Likes

What a beautiful likeness! I saw this in the gallery along with pictures of the kitties, and you captured them so well. :heart_eyes_cat:

1 Like

Gorgeous! Such an incredibly realistic rendition of both of them. Is it watercolor?

1 Like

I just love love love LOVE this. You did a great job of capturing their funny faces, even Orca’s wonky right eye.

It is now up on my wall along with their portraits from Chewy. :wink:

5 Likes

I knew from the thumbnail that this was Orca and Oyster! Such great likenesses!

2 Likes

Oysters face is killing me with cuteness. They are both adorable, but she has that kitty-cat-sass face that cracks me up! I am glad you like it, even if I failed to impress her. Ha!

@endymion - It’s alcohol markers. They are my go-to.

Holy moly! I had found a home for a stray a few years back, and I had named him Oyster. Thought I was the only one to name a cat that, heh.

Only image I have of him, as everything else are videos.

5 Likes

Gorgeous work!

1 Like

Beautiful job! Perfect likenesses!

1 Like

That’s realness right there. Kitties!

1 Like

oh my God wow! I really adore cats!

2 Likes

Beautiful work

1 Like